28

"Baby!" I called out as I ran towards the front door. "What?!" Colby yelled from upstairs.

"The costumes are here!" I squealed and grabbed the package from the front porch. "Come here!" Colby said as I giggled and ran towards the stairs.

It had been a couple weeks since Sam and Colby decided they were going to Europe.

Colby was fully healed from his illness and was doing way better. Halloween was in a couple of days so we were trying to get our costumes set since there was going to be a party at Sam and Kat's place.

The girls were obviously going to be the twins from the shining. Colby and I decided we were going to be Beetlejuice and Lydia from Beetlejuice.

It was a pretty basic costume but we didn't really have much time to come up with anything else.

"Okay, I'm here." I said and skipped into the nursery. "Look, girls! Mommy has your costumes." Colby said as I opened the package.

"I feel like we should wash these before we put them on the girls. " I said and pulled the blue dresses out of the package.

"Yeah, we have to protect their sensitive skin." Colby said and caressed the girls cheeks. "Oh, they are going to look adorable." I said and pulled out the little blue dresses.

"Oh yeah, they're going to be so cute." He said as I giggled.

"I'm gonna go wash them." I said then grabbed the dresses and the matching tights that went with them.

"Okay, Sam and Kat are coming over in a little bit so Sam and I can get some last minute things done." Colby explained as I nodded.

"Okay, I will start this laundry then maybe I'll take the girls on a walk with Kat." I said with a smile.

"Sounds good. Maybe we can all go to dinner or something." Colby said as we made our way out of the room so we could go downstairs.

"Oh, yum. I want chicken fingers." I said with a laugh as I walked towards the laundry room.

I quickly threw in the dresses along with some other clothes that we needed to do, then made my way into the living room where Colby was with the girls.

"Are you getting excited for your trip?" I asked as I sat on the floor next to Colby.

"Yeah, I wish I could bring you girls with me." He said quietly as he waved a stuffed animal in front of Nova's face, causing her to giggle.

"Yeah, I think it will be good for us. A little separation is good every once in a while." I said with a reassuring smile. "I guess you're right." He said quietly as someone knocked on the door.

"That's Sam." Colby said then stood up to get the door. "Do you want to go to the park with Auntie Kat and I?" I asked and and tickled the girls feet causing them to giggle and look over at each other.

"Yeah, it'll be fun." I said with a smile as Sam, Colby, and Kat walked into the room. "Hey guys!" I said with a smile. "Bestieee!" Kat squealed then tackled me with a hug. "It's been forever." I said and hugged her back.

"Did you want to go to the park with the girls and I?" I asked as Kat pulled away. "Yes! That sounds fun." She said as I stood up.

"Okay, let's go." I said then scooped Luna into my arms. "Have fun guys." Colby said as Kat picked up Nova.

"We'll be back. Then we can get chicken fingers." I said with a giggle then skipped out of the room with Luna, who was giggling loudly.

"So.....did anyone tell you anything recently?" Kat asked suspiciously as we walked out to the car.