79

"How are you feeling, Violet?" Amy asked as she came into the room. I looked up at her blankly, feeling my heart break off just a little more.

"I know it's hard but you have a great support system behind you." She said as Colby kissed my head.

"I know. I'm very lucky." I whispered and wiped my cheek. Amy walked over and checked my vitals, then looked up at me.

"Do you have any questions for me?" She asked and grabbed my chart. "Am I ever gonna be able to have kids again?" I whispered and looked up at Amy with tears in my eyes.

"Yes. You'll be able to get pregnant again and you'll be able to have a successful pregnancy." She explained gently.

"This was just a very unfortunate situation." She said as my heart ached.

"Did I do something wrong?" I said as my voice cracked.

"No, sweetheart. These things unfortunately happen with no explanation. There was nothing you could have done to prevents this from happening." Amy said as a sob wrecked through my chest.

"Shhhh...it's okay." Colby cooed and pulled me closer. "No! It's not!" I sobbed out, turning my face to hide it in Colby's chest.

"Shhhh...." He hushed and kissed my head. I wanted to stop crying but my heart was tattered to the point of no return.

I felt like my soul had been ripped out of my body and was torn to shreds. It was a feeling I knew all too well at this point.

I knew I was going to be sad for a very long time.

Colby and Amy let me have my meltdown for a while before I finally calmed down.

"Your surgery went well, so we are going to be able to send you home today. Just try to get as much rest as possible. Do you have any questions?" Amy asked as I shook my head.

"I'll get your discharge papers taken care of then I'll be back with a wheelchair." Amy said then left the room.

"Does everyone know?" I asked and looked up at Colby. "Only Sam knows." He said then brushed my hair from my forehead. "I don't want to tell anyone." I whispered as he frowned.

"We don't have to say anything until you're ready." He said then kissed my forehead.

I was so grateful that Colby was being so supportive and sweet about all of this.

I knew that he was hurting and was broken about it but he was being so patient with me and I seriously appreciated it.

Once we had our discharge papers done we were released from the hospital. Colby drove us home and held my hand tightly.

I think he could tell I was about to break down again, because he was carefully caressing my hand.

When we got home Colby helped me get out of the car. I was really sore from the surgery, but it was nothing I couldn't handle physically.

Mentally I was falling apart. I felt like I was going to break at any given moment and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty when I did.

"Are you hungry?" Colby asked as I shook my head and went towards the stairs.

I heard him sigh slightly as I went upstairs and towards the bedroom. I knew he felt helpless but I couldn't help the pain that was radiating in my chest.

I just needed to be left alone.

When I got in the bedroom I crawled into bed and threw the covers over my head. Colby came in a couple minutes later.