30

I sat on the floor, hyperventilating as my heart raced. I felt the room spinning as my vision blurred.

I could smell the same smell that filled the grungy house I was trapped in all those years ago.

It was never this bad.

"Is someone in there?" I heard Shawn ask as I clawed at my throat, trying to get the air to fill my lungs.

After a few seconds of strangled silence he opened the door. "Oh my god! Violet?" He asked as I shook my head hiding my face into my legs.

"Hey...what's going on?" He asked as his face melted into Peter's. "Get away from me!" I screamed, pushing him away as my heart raced.

It was honestly beating so fast I thought that it was going to explode.

"What's going on?" Kat asked as she came running into the room. I looked up at her for a second before the room started to blur.

"I-I don't know! I came into the room and she was just like this." Shawn said with fear in his voice as I pounded my hand against my chest.

"Go get Colby." Kat said then crouched in front of me. "You're okay, Violet. It's gonna be okay." Kat said as she reached to smooth my hair down.

"Get away from me!" I screamed then pushed her hand away, feeling the fear bubbling up again.

"It's okay...." She whispered as Colby came rushing in. "What's going on?" He asked as kneeled in front of me. "Shawn found her like this." Kat explained as I leaned away from Colby.

"V...hey..." He said as I shook my head. "Don't touch me!!" I screamed as his eyes widened.

"It's Colby. You're at Sam and Kat's house and you're safe." He said and reached over and took my face in his hands.

"No...let me go.." I whispered as he caressed my cheeks gently. "You're safe. Just try to breathe." He said quietly as Kat closed the door, giving us privacy.

"Get away.." I whispered as my eyes darted around the room. "Hey. Look at me." Colby said gently as he shook my head slightly, trying to get my attention. I let my eyes travel to his as I hyperventilated.

"You're safe." Colby whispered and gently caressed my cheeks. I nodded slightly and tried to focus on the color of his eyes.

They were a beautiful shade of blue that was nothing like Peter's.

They were full of love and support.

"You're doing good, V. So good." He said as I slowly worked my way through the panic.

A couple minutes later Kat was coming into the room with a glass of water. When she walked in I flinched and let my eyes dart to her.

"Hey, keep looking at me." Colby said gently as my eyes went back to his. "I'm sorry." I whispered as he shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, love. Just come back to me." He said as I nodded and lowered my face so I could rest it on his chest.

"Do you feel okay enough to go into a different room?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "Okay, just let me know when you're ready." He said then scratched my back and reached for the water so he could give it to me.

I took a couple sips of the water then rested against Colby's chest again.

I haven't had a panic attack like that in such a long time that it took a lot more out of me than it should have.

"Where are the girls?" I whispered as I pulled away from him. "Sam has them. Did you want to go into a different room now?" Colby asked as I nodded.