159

"Okay, love bugs. Are we ready for our first swim ever?" I asked the twins as I walked towards the pool.

"I'm so jealous that their first swim is in Hawaii." Colby said with a laugh.

"Me too. Mine was probably in a random YMCA in Ohio." I said and started going down the stairs of the pool. "Same, but in Kansas. Here, give me one of those little cuties." Colby said and reached towards me.

Both Nova and Luna reached for Colby. "Jeeze, don't get too excited girls." I said sarcastically. "They're daddy's girls." Colby said and took Nova from me. "Yeah, I am too." I said then winked.

"Okay, enough of that." Ki teased as I laughed. "I'm just kidding! Kinda..." I said as Sam and Kat came out of the house.

"Hey, if you guys want smoothies, add it to the order on my phone, if not can you send it?" Colby asked as Kat squealed happily.

"I love smoothies!" She said then grabbed Colby's phone. "Are you ready to swim, Luna?" I asked and took another step into the pool.

"It's just like a bath but like...fun?" I said with a laugh. "You're really selling it, babe." Colby said as I shrugged.

"I don't know how else to describe it." I said then submerged myself into the water more.

Luna squealed and pulled her leg out of the water, looking at me with a bewildered look on her face.

"It's a little scary but I promise I won't let anything happen to you." I said quietly and scratched her back gently.

"Look at me, girls! It's fun!" Ki said as she swam around with a smile on her face. I heard Nova giggle behind me as Luna frowned at me.

"I know, honey. You're okay though." I said and kissed her head, taking another step forwards.

We were deep enough no that Luna's lower body was submerged in the water. "Okay, love. The hard part is over. Look up at the sky and enjoy the swim." I said and pointed up to the clouds.

Luna looked up at clouds and smiled. "That's my girl. Let's check on daddy and sissy." I said then turned towards Colby.

Nova was in his arms, splashing in the water happily. "Oh my god, you're adorable." Colby said with a laugh then looked up at me.

"Nova loves it, how's Luna doing?" He asked as I sighed. "She's apprehensive." I said and rubbed Luna's back as she rested her head on my chest.

"Alright, smoothies are ordered." Sam said as he and Kat made their way into the pool.

"It's so beautiful out here." Kat said as I waded deeper into the water. Luna frowned and looked up at me the more submerged she would get.

"Yeah, I think it's gonna be hard to leave." Sam said as Colby chuckled. "We just got here, man. Let's not talk about leaving yet." Colby said as Nova smacked her hands on the water happily.

"Someone loves the water." I said with a smile as I rubbed Luna's back. "Do you want sissy to show you how fun this is?" I asked and made my way over to Colby.

"Aw, Luna. It's okay, sweetheart." Colby said and brought his hand to Luna's cheek. Luna smiled slightly and hid her face in my chest.

"She's just not as into it as Nova is." I said as Kat swam over to us. "We were thinking about taking a hike later, would you guys be down?" She asked as I nodded.

"I'm always down for a good hike. These girls have to take a nap at some point though." I said and rubbed Luna's back.

"We can go when they wake up, then afterwards we can go to dinner." Sam suggested. "That's a great idea. Is shamu gonna be able to hike?" Colby asked as Ki laughed.