115

I laid in bed for a minute before I started trembling again.

I shouldn't have still been so cold because I was wrapped up in blankets and had a fresh pair of clothes on but I was still shaking.

I pulled the blankets closer to me and waited for Colby to come back.

He hadn't been gone for more than a couple minutes but I felt like the world was ending.

It had been such a long time since I felt like this so to say I was scared was an understatement.

My heart started to race as my breathing became uneven. The room around me started to spin and my chest was caving in.

"Violet?" Colby asked as I started scratching at my chest. "Hey! Hey, it's okay!" Colby exclaimed and ran over to me, putting the tea in his hand on the table beside our bed.

I whimpered and looked up at him with pleading eyes. "I'm here. I'm right here...just breathe." Colby said and got in bed with me, pulling me close.

"I-I'm so sc-scared." I whispered into his chest. "Shhh, I know. You're okay." He said and scratched my back.

I closed my eyes and shoved my face into his chest, trying to remind myself that Colby was right here.

He wasn't dead.

"Shhh...it's okay. I'm right here." Colby said quietly as I got my bearings back.

I took a deep breath and let my body fully relax after a couple minutes.

"That's my girl. Welcome back." Colby said and pulled away so he could look at me.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly as he wiped a tear from my cheek. "It's okay. I think we should talk about it." Colby said gently.

"I thought you were gone forever." I whispered and looked up at him.

"I know, baby. I'm right here though. I know how hard this was for you so I texted Sarah so we could set up a therapy appointment." Colby explained and carefully ran his fingers through my hair.

"What if the memories go away again? What if you leave me again?" I asked as he sighed. "We'll get through it like we always do." He said then placed a kiss on my forehead.

It scared me that this was going to be my life for a little while but I knew it wouldn't last forever.

I would be freaked out for a couple of weeks then my mind would relax a little bit.

"Can we cook something for dinner?" I asked as Colby nodded. "Yeah, I'd like that." He said then kissed me. I smiled against his lips, basking in the feeling of joy that it gave me.

I really fucking missed him.

When I pulled away, I put my hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes, memorizing the way they looked.

"I love you." Colby whispered as I smiled slightly. "I love you more." I said then gently caressed his cheek with my thumb.

I missed moments like this so much, that I sat there for a minute before getting out of bed.

"What are you going to make?" Colby asked as he pulled a shirt on. "I was thinking some soup because I'm still cold." I said as he frowned.

"Still?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I was out there for a really long time." I said then bundled my sleeves in my hands.

"Ya know I could warm you up." Colby said as I giggled. "Yeah yeah, I know." I said then left the room.

When I got out to the hallway I could hear the girls starting to wake up in the nursery.