149

Sam's POV

I groaned and hung up the phone, causing Kat to look over at me. "What's going on?" Kat asked with concern on her features.

"Colby and Violet got arrested." I said as she gasped. "Are you kidding?! I thought Violet was downstairs!" Kat said as I nodded.

"Yeah, she snuck out to go see Colby. He said they accidentally broke into a house and tripped an alarm so the police came and arrested them." I said then got out of bed and went over to my laptop.

"How do you accidentally break into a house! This has to be a mistake." Kat said and put her hands on her head.

"I don't know. I just know that Colby can't bail himself out, I'm not sure about Violet yet." I said then immediately went to email our lawyer.

Usually I would just call him but it was late and I knew he would be asleep. There was also probably nothing we could do until the morning anyways.

I emailed him then went to the information site from the jail. "Oh shit." I said as Kat came over.

"What?" She asked and looked over my shoulder. On the screen was Colby's mugshot.

"Wait, it says breaking and entering as well as theft? You think they stole something?" Kat asked and pointed at the screen.

"No, I don't think that. They would never do that. Also if it was an accident then there wouldn't be anything broken." I said then quickly explained that in the email.

"What does Violet's say?" Kat asked as I pulled up her mugshot. "The same thing. Something isn't right.." I said as my phone started ringing.

"Hey, Ki." I answered with a sigh. "Violet and Colby got arrested." She said in a panic as I nodded.

"I know. I'm looking into it right now." I explained and put her on speaker phone. "You have to get them out!" She snapped.

I could tell she was terrified but I didn't blame her. Colby and Violet weren't criminals and they could get into some serious shit.

It also didn't help that Colby would do anything to protect Violet. He would literally be shanked by a gang of people if they even came close to her.

And they would.

"I'm working on it, Ki. It's literally 11 o clock at night. There's not much I can do until the morning." I said and combed my fingers through my hair.

"Who's watching the twins?!" Kat gasped as my eyes widened.

"Cassie and Devyn. They may be dumb but they care about their kids more than anything in the world." Ki said as I sighed with relief. "Why don't we just go to the jail and see what we can do." Kat said quietly.

"That's not a bad idea...I don't know if the doors would be open for us though...since it's so late." I said and looked at her. "We have to try.." She said nervously as I nodded.

"Okay, Ki. Kat and I are going to go to the jailhouse. Just try to stay calm and hang out with your family while they are still in town. We'll take care of this." I said then stood up.

"Are you fucking insane, Sam? My best friend is in jail where people can rape or kill her! I'm not going to stay calm!" Ki exclaimed as I nodded.

"I understand, but stressing won't change anything that's going on. We're going to get them out as soon as humanly possible." I promised as I walked towards the closet.

"I want to help." Ki said as I nodded. "I'll let you know what you can do to help, but for right now, you need to rest." I said as Kat and I put our shoes on.