95

Colby's POV

I watched as the mystery girl's face dropped slightly. "Colby, this is-" Sam started but was interrupted by the door opening.

"Good morning, Colby." An older man in a doctor's coat said as he walked in.

I scrunched my brow with confusion as I looked around the room. I had a massive headache and my back was sore.

I must have fallen while exploring or something, and that's why this random girl was here.

She must have helped Sam bring me to the hospital.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked as he came over to check on me. "Uhh...my head hurts. Did I fall while exploring?" I asked and looked at Sam. He looked at me with confusion for a second before he sighed.

"Uh..well..kind of I guess." He said then looked at the random girl that was in our room. She was looking down at her hands, chewing on her lip.

I couldn't really see her face all that well but I could tell she was a pretty girl but I don't think she was really my type.

It did make me a little upset that she looked so sad though.

Maybe we were in a car accident and it was her fault.

"You hit your head pretty hard. We had you in a coma for a little while so I'm gonna ask you a couple of questions, is that okay?" The doctor asked as I nodded.

"Alright, what year is it?" He asked as I pursed my lip. "Uhh...2018?" I suggested as the doctor wrote something down.

"What state are you in?" He asked and looked up at me. "California." I said with full confidence. "What is the last thing you remember?" He asked as I racked my brain.

"Uhh...Hannah and I went to the beach and we were going to film a video afterwards." I said and pointed to Sam.

The girl next to my bed sniffled then turned to leave the room. Sam put his hand on her shoulder before she left the room.

"Okay, Colby. We're going to let you get some rest. We'll be back in a little while to do some tests, alright?" The doctor said then looked at Sam.

"Can I speak to you in the hallway?" He asked as Sam nodded.

I watched as they left the room then looked around for my phone. I wasn't sure how long I was out but I'm sure that my parents were worried. I needed to let them know that I was okay.

Before I could find my phone though, Sam was walking into the room again. "Hey, dude. Do you know where my phone is? I need to text my parents." I said as Sam shook his head. "They're actually on their way now." He explained as I nodded.

"Oh, okay cool. Does Hannah know I'm here?" I asked as he shook his head. "Hannah isn't really in your life anymore." He said as I frowned.

"Did she break up with me?" I asked as he sighed. I could tell he was contemplating telling me something.

"What's wrong, brother? I know you're hiding something." I said as he huffed out a breath. "I just don't know if I'm allowed to tell you." He said as I scoffed.

"Bro, we tell each other everything." I said as he sighed. "All I'll say is you and Hannah aren't dating anymore but you're happy." He said as I frowned.

"How could I be happy without her?" I asked as my heart ached. "Just trust me, dude." Sam said as I nodded.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked and brought my hand to my chest. "You fell and hit your head pretty hard." He said as I nodded.