14 | Holding back

Adele - Make You Feel My Love:
'I know you haven't made your mind up yet but I will never do you wrong. I've known it from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong. I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue, I'd go crawling down the avenue. Know there's nothing that I wouldn't do to make you feel my love'

The drive back to Fiona's apartment from George's house was chaos. Both of the girls wanting to tell the other what had happened, music blaring through the speakers, none of them really paying attention to the traffic around them. Since Maddie hadn't noticed that George and Fiona had almost kissed in the club, that was the first thing she decided to tell her friend. "You know last night when George got recognized by a fan?" She said with a cheeky grin on her face and Maddie looked at her from behind the wheel before she nodded. "He was this close to kissing me". Fiona said, showing her friend he was only an inch away from her with her fingers. Maddie gasped and started bouncing up and down excitedly. "But then he took the picture with the fan and the whole Miles thing happened.." She explained further.

"When we came back to his house I asked him to stay up a bit longer while you two were picking out a bedroom to stay in and we talked for a while. He told me that he liked me a lot but that he wanted to give me some space because of Miles but that he was going to kiss me when the time was right". Fiona said, her mind wandering back to their conversation of last night. "I'm seeing him again on Wednesday, do you think he is going to kiss me then?" She asked her best friend and Maddie shrugged. "Maybe, but he is right though. You need some closure from Miles first. A little time to heal". Fiona nodded, agreeing with her friend. But that didn't mean she couldn't daydream about it.

When Fiona had told her everything about George, Madeleine started telling her story about what happened with Toby. "He is so sweet. We went into George's guestroom and he offered me his sweater to sleep in. So we cuddled for a while and of course, kissed a bit. And when it got a little bit heated, he asked me if it was okay if he took off the sweater I was in and yeah, I think you can imagine the rest. I really like him though, Fi". Fiona was happy for her friend. She had seen the way the two of them looked at each other and they seemed perfect together. "I hope he asks me to be his girlfriend soon". Maddie continued, both of them daydreaming about their crushes all the way back home.

----

Fiona sighed when she walked into her apartment. She had been shopping for a few dresses this afternoon, a little preparation for her aunt's wedding. She also happened to stumble into her favourite shop and totally accidentally *ahem* buy a few other new items. Fiona quickly cleared away the new clothes she bought, after she posted a picture of her wearing her favourite new purchases to her Instagram. She then cleaned her house quickly, in anticipation of George's arrival. It was Wednesday and they had planned one of their traditional movie nights.

georgerussell63, eveline-wilson and 174 others have liked this post@fionawilson: went to go shopping for a dress for a wedding I'm attending this weekend, came back with an entire new wardrobe 😳

@fionawilson: went to go shopping for a dress for a wedding I'm attending this weekend, came back with an entire new wardrobe 😳