42 | Happier without you

Glass Animals - Heat Waves:
'Sometimes all I think about is you. Late nights in the middle of June. Heat waves been fakin' me out. Can't make you happier now'

The next morning, Fiona was still on a high from the amazing dinner George had arranged for her. After she opened her presents, the waiter brought over the most delicious dessert and the four of them took a few pictures in front of the sunset. The night truly felt like the best birthday she had ever had and to think that George had arranged this all in a few days was absolutely insane. She had spent the night in his hotel room and even though she really wanted to take it further when they got back, they both fell asleep straight away.

This morning, Fiona had another tour and although she had never felt nervous for it before, today there was some tension in her body. 'Would Miles still be there?' She hadn't told anyone what happened yesterday, she just didn't want to ruin their amazing night. Fiona quickly put on her team gear and brushed through her hair, before she added a little makeup to her face. They would meet some of the rest of the team for breakfast downstairs and after George got ready, they stepped into the elevator. "Are you excited for the race today?" She asked George after he pulled her against his body, enjoying a little moment for the two of them while the elevator brought them down.

"Yeah, I am. Hopefully, we'll be able to do at least a bit of overtaking. That would be fun". He answered after he placed a loving kiss on her forehead. They stepped out on the main floor to meet their co-workers and during breakfast, Fiona couldn't help but shoot a small smile to Mason, Declan and Ben who were having their first meal of the day at the other side of the restaurant. She had noticed that all three of them had started following her on social media last night and it felt like a little extra birthday present to her that three England players knew who she was now. After they went to the track, Fiona gathered her first group for the tour and she was happy there were no ex-boyfriends to be seen this time.

The race was exciting, the podium being completely unexpected with Max Verstappen, Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris and Fiona was really proud of the Williams drivers for finishing 14th and 15th. Each race seemed to be better and the growth since last season was incredible. Fiona's shift had finished already, but she decided to help Madeleine clean the coffee bar before the mechanics would take down the hospitality unit and drive it towards their next destination. They were talking about the race they had just witnessed when suddenly Fiona felt a presence behind her. "Well hello again.. Tell me, does your boyfriend know you're also fucking a Chelsea player?" The voice gave her chills all over her body.

"Miles, please leave, I don't want to talk to you.." She said, trying her best to keep her voice stable. "Wait, Miles?!" Madeleine said and Fiona saw the moment her best friend suddenly recognized him. "Oh hi there, who are you?" He said in a flirty tone but Maddie wasn't having any of it. "Oh no, you're not going to do that. First of all, I don't know why you are here, but I know everything you've done so I'll rethink your choice to talk to us again if I was you and second of all the race weekend is over so you can leave now". The blonde girl said while she waved at him to signal he should leave.

The look on Miles' face was priceless and Fiona tried to hold back a giggle. "Do you actually think two little girls can intimidate me?" He said, slowly moving closer to her, causing her to take a step back. "That's what I thought. Let me be clear: you'll never find someone who'll treat you better than I do and you know it". Fiona's back was pushed up against the counter and Miles was getting closer by the second. Madeleine didn't try to come in between them and Fiona knew her best friend didn't want things to escalate but she was so relieved when she heard her say the following words. "Well, then you must have missed that George proposed to her last night on her birthday".