31 | Wherever you may go

LIONE - Revive:
'Even if you no longer remember my name I know we'll still hang on to these feelings the same and when the voices call to you from below, wherever you may go, in the end I know we'll meet again'

"George?" Aleix called through the garage after the second practice had just ended. "I just got a phone call and you're needed at the hospitality. It was quite important, they said". He informed him and George furrowed his brows before he excused himself and left the garage. He crossed the busy paddock and noticed lots of people in front of the Williams building. "Excuse me". He said and he tried to push through the masses of people trying to take a picture with him. When he arrived at the closed door, he saw Madeleine hurry towards it on the other side and unlock it. "What's going on? Why did I have to come over here?" He asked her and she pulled him towards a table, where Eleanor was sitting as well. He sat down and looked at the two women in front of him.

"It's Fiona". Those were the only words he needed to hear before he quickly stood up again, making the chair fall backwards. "Where is she? Is she okay?!" George yelled and Madeleine hurried over towards him to calm him down. "Please sit down first, okay?" The blond girl asked him and he reluctantly walked back over to the chair. "Please tell me where she is?" He said, noticing the serious looks on both of their faces. "Half an hour ago, after I finished my tour, Eleanor asked me if I had seen Fiona, but I hadn't. But I knew she was having bad cramps earlier this morning so I went to look for her and when I came upstairs, she was lying on the floor.. Unconscious". Maddie softly spoke while she was fiddling with her fingers. "Oh god no, where is she now?!" He quickly asked.

George wanted to get back up again, but this time Eleanor stopped him. "She has been taken to the hospital by the paramedics. She had a steady heartbeat and she was breathing just fine. We think she might have fainted due to the pain". George let his head fall in his hands and cursed loudly. He needed to be there, he needed to see for himself that she was doing okay. "Can I go see her?" He softly asked and Eleanor nodded. "Yes, that's why we called you. You can go there right now if you want". George nodded and thanked both women for calling him. "I'm going to tell my engineers and mechanics what's going on for a moment, but I'll meet you back here, Maddie? We'll go together, okay?" He said when he saw a tear roll down the blonde girl's cheek.

She nodded and he gave her a small smile before he made his way out of the building again. "I'm really sorry everyone, no time for pictures right now.." He tried to explain to the fans as he made his way back to the garage. "Hey, can I get everyone's attention for a moment?" George said and he took a deep breath while his team turned to face him. "I just had a very important call and I'm going to have to leave soon. As some of you may know, Fiona from the hospitality staff and I have been together for the past few months and she has just been taken to the hospital in an ambulance so I'm going to go see her. Please give any extra data you want me to check over to Aleix and I'll make sure to do that tonight, okay?" He told his crew and they all nodded and hummed.

George collected some of his stuff from the back of the garage while a few of his mechanics and engineers came over and patted him on the back. "She will be okay". He heard Aleix say and he shot a small smile to his trainer before he turned around to exit the garage. George walked back over to the hospitality, where Maddie was waiting outside for him. "Are you ready to go?" He asked her, seeing the blonde girl staring down at the ground, not noticing he had arrived back. "Y-Yeah.." She softly said and they started walking towards the exit of the paddock. George had taken the keys to the rental car Aleix drove them to the track with this morning and they both got in.

Madeleine searched for the address of the hospital on her phone and within ten minutes, they saw the big white building appear. George couldn't get out of the car fast enough, he needed to see her. He needed to know how his girlfriend was doing. "Ciao, come posso aiutarla?" The receptionist asked and even though both of them weren't really sure what it meant, George immediately knew his response. "Hello, I'm here to see my girlfriend Fiona, she was just brought in about an hour ago from the circuit of Imola?" The red-haired lady started typing on her computer, trying to find the information George was looking for. "Ah yes, she is in room 308. You can go see her". Maddie and George quickly thanked the lady and followed her directions through the hospital.