Chapter 36: Big Surprises

Aliana's POV
Autumn signed the contract. Dylan is gone. It is really tough on her, she always thought that her and Dylan would be forever. I think we all did. They were high school lovers that were meant for each other. When Autumn signed the paper, Dylan told her that he only liked her for her body and that know that she can't have kids that he does not want to date her. He also put Autumn in full custody of the kids. This whole thing is really tearing Autumn down, she almost can't take it anymore.

I know that, if Josh left Collie, and our unborn baby, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Josh and I talked about it an he said that he would never leave us. I believe him with all of my heart. Suddenly a pain shoots between my hips. It feels like a contraction. Then, a few minutes later it comes back. I pick up the phone and put it onto the intercom.

"Mom, can you please come up to my room?" I say a little urgently. She comes up in a few minutes.

"What's wrong Alli?" Mom asks.

"I think I am getting..." Then a really strong one makes me cringe. "Contractions."

"Oh, well, before it gets too bad let's take you to the hospital." Mom suggests. Then she picks up the phone to talk into the intercom.

"Everyone! Aliana has gone into labor, Josh and Autumn will you all come along. Dad will watch the rest of you." She announces. Then she hangs up the phone and Josh appears in the room.

"Do you all need help?" He asks.

"Yes, I can barely walk." I reply. Then a contraction comes.

"Ooohh." I yell in pain.

"It's okay Alli." He says while helping me stand. "This is pointless." Then he picks me up bridal style and carries me down the stairs and out to the car. Autumn packed up all of the stuff and started the car. I sit in the back with Joshua beside me and Mom in front of me.

The car ride is a blur of pain until we get to the hospital. Josh walked up to the front desk, "My wife is in labor."

"Name?" The lady asks.

"Aliana Evans." He answers. Then a wheelchair appears with a nurse.

"Get on here sweetie." She instructs. "Are you all coming?"

"Yep." Mom replies. Then they wheel me off to a room.

"Okay honey, let me check you out." Then she runs a few tests.

"About 3 hours until you push." The lady explains. I smile and then scream at the pain. Suddenly water flows out underneath me.

"My water... broke." I mumble. Mom cleans it up.

"It's okay baby girl." She reassures.

+3 hours later+

I push with all of my might but the doctor looks worried.

"There is something wrong." He says. "Keep pushing." I push again with all of my might.

"STOP!" He yells. "EVERYONE OUT. Emergency C-section." He screams. Then I fall asleep from the medicine they gave me.

When I came back to, everyone was around me. "Is the baby okay?" I croak.

"Yeah, they had to do a C-section because he was not coming out head first." Autumn explains. I nod my head and I see a little baby come in.

"Here he is, but I have bad news." The nurse tells us while placing him in my arms. When I look at him, there is something different.

"Your baby has down syndrome." She explains. I look at him and this time I see it. He is my baby and he is perfect. I will love him just the same. Then the nurse walks out.

"He is perfect." I mumble.

"The perfectest of them all." Joshua agrees.

"I already love him." Mom smiles. Autumn is crying happy tears.

"Colin." I blurt out while brushing his caramel hair.

"Colin Mark." Joshua finishes. I start to cry as his eyes flutter open. They are the perfect shade of hazel. I kiss his forehead as he starts to cry.

"I love you." I smile. At my smile he stops crying for a moment. "I think he wants food." The doctor comes in with a bottle.

"I think he will like this better then breast milk." The doctor explains.

"What is his name?" He asks.

"Colin Mark Evans." I tell him. The doctor nods.

"Such a sweet name for a sweet baby. Oh! I almost forgot, you will need to stay here for 4 more days, so we can run more tests and you can recover from surgery." The doctor explains.

"Okay thank you!" I call as he walks out. Life brings Big Surprises.

Hiyo!

Well, this chapter was a little later then I had planned but I do what I want lol. You all have no idea how much more I like my chapters no a days. Okay, enough of our awkward talks we have, Bye👋🏻
~Alexis💋

PS. My hand is not actually that pale👋🏻