Chapter 11: Happy At Last

Picture of Nicole Ann Abernathy
Katniss' pov
Peeta just came into my hospital room. I guess Myra told him what had happened.
"Katniss, oh my sweet Katniss." He whispers. I cannot take it anymore. I smash my lips on to his. We sit their like that until we can no longer breathe.
"Peeta, I love you." I say once our kiss has ended.
"I love you too." He responds, "How are you feeling?"
"I wish I could go home Peet. I wanna be with Marissa, Finn, Willow, Rye, Lilly, Carmen, and Justin. Oh and Nicole." I answer.
"If you are fine enough to walk then we can leave now." Peeta tells me and I smile.
"Lemme try then." I get up and Peeta helps me. I slowly walk around and it hurts really bad but I decide to lie.
"Peeta, it does not hurt." I lie.
"Okay let's go talk to Myra." Peeta cheers. When we get to Myra she explains what we need to do.
"Okay, I am very happy that you are better Katniss. We will need you to come back in a week to reapply medicine to your back and you must take these pills." She says handing us a bottle. "Try to take it easy on your foot. We are giving you some crutches for in the morning before you put on your boot or if it hurts."
"Thank you so much Myra." I hug her and so does Peeta. I gladly take the crutches and crutch out of the building. I cannot wait to see the kids.
"Hey Katniss, guess what." Peeta asks.
"What?" I answer confused.
"I love you." He responds. Awww.
"I love you too." I lean forward and smash my lips on to his. Our tongues wrestle until I let him win and his tongue explores my mouth. Damn, I love him.
When we pull apart Peeta asks, "Hey Kat should I call Effie to tell her to warn the kids to be gentle?"
"Yeah sure." I respond. He calls and puts it on speaker phone.
"Hello?" Effie answers.
"Hi Effie it is Katniss and I." Peeta answers.
"Oh hello do y'all need anything." Effie replies.
"Yes, Effie, I am a little sore on my back from being whipped. We just wanted to let you now so you can warn the kids to be gentle." I respond.
"Oh okay, honey, anything for my Katniss and Peeta." Effie says sweetly.
"Thanks Effie, also Kat is in crutches from breaking her foot." Peeta adds.
"Okay, Bye." Effie answers.
"Bye." We both end.
We arrive at the house moments later. When I open the door. I am relieved by the sudden smell of home. Effie comes running down the stairs in 6 inch heels with Justin in her arms.
"Katniss, Oh sweetheart." She runs up and hugs me lightly. Oh, Justin he is too cute. When I think that he giggles all super cute.
"Hey kids we're home." Peeta calls up. The kids stampede down the stairs but when they reach the bottom and see me they slow down.
"Hi." I say kinda shyly. They suddenly get excited and give me hugs that are light but with the same enthusiasm. They are all just too cute.

Short filler chapter. OMG OMG I AM FREAKING OUT SO BAD. I AM FLIPPING OUT AND FANGIRLING. I HAVE 1K READS ON THIS STORY. I LOVE YOU ALL SO FLIPPING BAD.
~ALEXIS

P.S. I AM STILL FREAKING OUT