Chapter 45: A Call You Never Wanna Get

Peeta's POV
We have been back from the hospital for a week now. Lilly had to get her appendix taken out. Marissa has been grounded for who knows how long. I hear the phone ring and run to it.

"Hello, Peeta Mellark speaking." I answer.

"This is Principal Evans, I need to talk to you about your daughters." He starts, "Marissa has been skipping classes and breaking rules. She bullies your daughter Willow and is just horribly behaved. The 8th graders are supposed to be the models of our schools but she is no model. For these reasons, Marissa will be expelled if she does not straighten up."

"I will have a talk with her and Willow." I reply.

"Okay thank you for your time." He ends the call.

"I heard everything." Kat says.

"I know we need to talk to the girls." I tell her.

"WILL MAR" We yell. Marissa comes in slowly but Willow walks right on in.

"Marissa, your principal called." I say, "That kind of behavior is not acceptable." Mar breaks down in tears.

"I don't want to be this mean but I feel like I have too." She sobs. "Or else Willow will get all of the attention."

"Oh honey. You should have just told us you felt that way." Katniss hugs her tightly.

"You will forever be our little baby, even if you had another mother for 4 years of your life." I hug her too. Willow joins. "I love you Always."

"Always." They agree.

Epilogue in Kat's POV
I am gonna die today. I can feel it. Peeta left me awhile ago. Actually it was only a few years after everything was good again. He was only 33. The kids are all good. Willow ended up marrying Finn because they are technically not related. Marissa married a sweet boy named Nathan. They are all 40 years old.

Will and Finn have 18 year old, Joshua, 15 year old, Jessie, 5 year old, Jen, 3 year old, Jack, and is pregnant with a boy.

Marissa and Nathan have 2 kids, 15 year old, Meg, and 3 year old, Melissa. They are trying to have another baby now. They only want 1 more though.

Lilly and Ryan are 38. Lilly married Carter, Ryan's old best friend. Ryan married Jenna, Lilly's best friend. They both have 3 kids. Lilly and Carter have Lydia, 10 years old, Lucas, 6 years old, and Lola, 2 years old. Ryan and Jenna have Jacob, 15 years old, Jonathan, 9 years old, and 4 year old, Joy.

Carmen and Justin are now 36. Carmen married Zack and Justin married Zadie. Carmen and Zack had, 13 year old, Caroline, 8 year old, Cameron, 3 year old, Collin, and newborn Claire. Justin married Zadie and they had their 2 year old girl, Zinlee. After years of trying to have a child they found out they could never have children so they adopted Zinlee from Africa. She lit up their lives.

Parker and Preston got in a huge fight with me a couple years after Peeta died. They left. They are 34 now but none of us have seen them. They only contacted Carmen about 10 years ago and all they said was that they are okay. I guess they are okay now but who knows.

Santana is 28 and married with one kid and another on the way. She is married to a guy named Harrison. Their baby girl is named Scarlett and the unborn boy will be named Sam he should be born any day now.

Hayden, Hadlee, and Hunter are 26. They are all married. Hadlee is married to Jackson and they have one boy named Henry, he is 2. Hayden is married to Josie and they have a girl named Harmony, she is 4. Hunter is not married but he is in college to be a doctor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room starts to brighten. All of my family is here and they can tell I am going. The little kids start to cry and their mommies hold them.

"Goodbye guys. I love you all! You all gave me the best life I've ever had." I smile and look at each one of them. Then I walk into the light. With the tears running down my cheeks.

I am greeted by Parker, Preston, Annie, Madge, and my sweet, sweet Peeta. I lived a good long life and I will love my family, Always.

Hey guys!

Kinda down right now. This is the last chapter. No more Always. In fact, I will not be writing stories anymore. I love you all so much and I could never repay! Bye my loves, for the last time.
~Lauren🍁