Chapter 8: Life Sometimes Is Not A Fairytale

^^ these are the girls. I cannot figure out how to put two photos on one chapter so I will post the boys in a short chapter after this

Katniss' pov
I do not remember anything but this, I hit my head extremely hard when I fell down the stairs. Then I see Prim. SHe walks out of a bright light.

"Katniss, you must choose. Either follow me or stay." She tells me.

"I want to go with you." I tell her. Prim. I follow Prim into the bright light. She sees me follow her.

"KATNISS NO" She screams. Then she pushes me into the hospital. Everyone has gone home crying because the doctors
are turning off the machines. My eyes fly open. I hear a voice in my head. It is Prim

Katniss, I am so sorry I shouldn't have pushed you. Your near future is horrible. Kat please forgive me, it is against the rules to choose for the person. I have messed up your brain and am sorry

Then I look around me. Gale. He is the only one here.
"Hello Catnip. How would you like to take a trip to my house? I will make sure that you get locked p and tortured. It will be fun." Gale says making his question more like a demand as he picks me up and caries me away. Bt first he knocks me out with a pill.
I wake up to darkness. My life is a horror story. Ugh I just wanted to have followed Prim and not let her push me. I definitely do not want to live. That is when Gale comes with the whips.

Peeta's pov
Katniss died. I am trying my hardest to not die myself but the kids are keeping me together. Keith was killed in a shooting that took place a couple of weeks ago. I sent a letter to Annie and Madge just updating them on what is going on. They both sent back a separate letter each and to sum it all up they are very upset. I recently adopted Marissa who is devastated that her new Mom and real Dad are dead. Everyone is sad. It seems as if their is nothing to live for anymore.
Ring. Ring.
I stand up for the first time in hours to get the phone.
"Hello, this is Nurse Emily at the District 12 hospital. We recently went to turn off Katniss' machine and she was no longer there. There is a note that was left for you. When you get the chance you may come read it." Nurse Emily tells me.
"Did Katniss wake up?" I ask her.
"Yes, Katniss is awake. But is nowhere to be seen." Emily answers.
"Okay, thank you." I tell her. Then I hang up and grab my jacket and slip on some shoes. But, I realize that the kids are all still here.
"Hey kids. I am gonna get you all dressed and then we have to head to the hospital so I can get something." I tell them once I am at the of the stairs. I pick out a cute shirt for Finn that has a train on it and some khaki shorts, then for Ryan I do the same outfit for little 6 month old Justin I put him in a little blue polka dotted onesie that he loves. I am not so good with girl clothes so I have Marissa and Willow help me. For them I have matching pink shirts that have a blue flower in the center with a matching blue skirt. For Lilly I have a little purple sundress with light yellow polka dots. Then I grab Justin's carrier and strap him in.
"Okay, you all know what to do. Willow you take Ryan's hand and Finn you take Lilly's hand and Marrisa grab Lilly and my hand and we will walk to the hospital.
When we arrive I immediately see nurse Emily. She has light brown wavy hair and dark brown eyes.
"Oh hi Peeta here is your note." Nurse Emily says as she hands me the note. All of the kids go and play with the toys in the waiting rom while I sit down with the note.
Dear Bread Boy,
I have taken your Katniss and am hijacking her to kill you and hate you. I have help from the people who hijacked you. First we will whip her and beat her to the point where she is almost dead. The we will hijack her because she will be weak and easy to manipulate. Then we will make her strong and teach her to fight again and how to kill. Then we will send her to you.
-Gale
That is when the tears fall. They flow like a river down my face.

I hope you all like this chapter. I am sick but am starting to feel better. I am very bored because I did not go to school today so I spent a lot of time on this chapter. I will post what the boys look like in a little while. thank you for 800 reads.
~Alexis