Chapter 15: Gale Is Evil

Peeta's pov
It is my turn to bond with the girls and Katniss will be taking the boys. She comes down the stairs with Justin strapped to her chest, Finn holding her left hand, and Rye holding her right hand.

"Peeta, we are going to the woods. I am taking them swimming and then we are just going to follow some trails." Katniss calls as she walks toward the door.

"Okay, hun, the girls and I are going to paint for awhile. Then, they are going to help me make dinner." I tell her.

"Sounds perfect, Love you." She swings around and smashes her lips to mine. Once we pull apart I laugh at her silliness as she swings her hips whilst walking out the door. I turn around to my girls. Let's get started.

"Yay I can't wait to paint like you Daddy." Lilly cheers. I laugh and pick her up to carry her up the stairs.

"Autumn and I love to paint. Our mother painted all the time." Alaina reminisces. I smile. Willow and Marissa rush off to their canvases and so does Lilly. Autumn and Aliana start to paint right away. Nicole wanted to come but her parents took her to District 6 because Effie got called up there.

"You and Mommy are the best parents." Lilly smiles up at me.

"We love all of you very much." I tell her.

"Yeah, Lilly is right you and Mom do everything or us." Autumn says. I look at her and Aliana's paintings. They are painting their new family.

"We sure try. But you all are the best kids." I tell them as I start to draw Willow in the family picture I am drawing.

"Yeah, especially for me because my Mommy and Daddy are not here." Mary frowns.

"Don't worry Marissa." I reassure her.

"When Mommy does come back she told me that she would not be able to care for me because it would be to risky." Marissa tells me.

"I know honey that is why your Mommy and I take care of you." I hug Mary.

"Daddy you are the perfect Daddy. And Mommy too." Mary compliments. Everyone else nods there heads. Then I hear a really loud banging on the door. I look out the window. Gale.

"Dad you is it?" Aliana asks. She comes up and looks down.

"Okay everyone stay calm. I want Aliana and Autumn to pick either a closet or under a bed and hide, quickly. The rest of you go play in the playroom." I sternly say. They do a told very quickly and I go to open the door.

"Hey Gale what is up?" I ask casually.

"I just want to know where Katniss is." Gale sternly says.

"Lemme call her. Do you want anything." I am shaking on the inside.

"No just your dead body." Gale grumbles. I laugh a nonchalant laugh. I walk over to the phone and enter 199 into the phone.

"199 at your service." A man answers.

"Gale Hawthorne the murderer is at my door." I whisper.

"We are on our way." The man says urgently. Then he hangs up. I walk back over to Gale.

"Do you wanna go watch some TV?" I ask Gale.

"Where is Catnip?" He says ignoring my question.

"What do you want to with her?" I stall.

"Kill her." He sneers. Then the peacekeepers show up. They shoot him through the head in seconds.

"Thank you." I tell them.

"We would do anything to save a Mellark." I know that voice. He takes off his helmet.

"Plutarch." I awe. Then a girl answers.

"Yes and Paylor." Paylor takes off her helmet. I hear a control beep.

"Sorry, Peeta, we have to go. Presidential duties." Plutarch waves and they run off. We are safe. I hug my girls once they come down. Safe and Sound.

Authors Note~ One of my best friends on Wattpad and real life recently go adopted. She has been living with foster parents. She is jelenashipper101 . Her name was Amanda but when she was adopted she changed it to something that definitely fits her perfect. Her new name is Jordynn. Follow her right now guys.