Chapter 3: A Very Good Day

Peeta's pov

Today Katniss and I are taking Willow to the meadow. She is going to love it I can just tell. Katniss told me she has a surprise too so today will be a great day. I can just tell that my precious angel is gonna love the meadow. As Katniss and I are packing bags for the trip Will sits in her little play pin and giggles happily as her toy is thrown out of the bin and I have to get it. I hand it back to her and not to soon after we have finished packing and are ready to go.

"Come here precious baby let's go to the meadow." Katniss talks to Willow as she picks her up. We walk out of the house and the short distance to the meadow. When we get there I am taken back by the beautiful newly planted primroses. Kat and I did not only plant them around her house we also planted them in the meadow but it also has a gorgeous tent set up with all of our friends there. I spot Annie and Finn, Madge and Jonathon(her husband), their one year old daughter, Marissa, Haymitch, Effie and Nicole.

"Happy Birthday Peeta" Everyone shouts. Wow, I forgot about my birthday. That is crazy.

"Thank You everyone this is amazing." I say and then Madge runs up to me and wants to swap kids for a couple minutes so she can meet Will and I can see Marissa. Marissa is an adorable at 1 year old girl that has Keith's dark brown hair but Madge's hazel eyes.

"Hello, Uncle Peeta. My mommy told me about you and Aunt Kitty." Marissa introduces.

"Hi Marissa, I have heard a lot about you. I have not heard what your favorite color is though." I say asking a question.

"My new favorite color is the color of your eyes, they are so pretty." Marissa complements.

"They are mine to sweetie, I just love to stare into them." Kat says laughing at Marissa's comment.

"Aunt Kitty!!!! I love you sooo much." Marissa yells as I pass her over to Katniss. I leave Marissa with Katniss and walk off to find Annie and Finn. I spot Annie chasing Finn and grab Finn and lift him up. He is 2 and is full of energy.

"Uncle Peeta pwut mwe down." Finn yells as I tickle him like crazy. When I set him down he clings to my leg.

"Peeta I am so glad to have you and Katniss as friends. You guys are the best." She exclaims as she hugs me. Finn starts complaining about being hungry so I go off to find Haymitch and Effie.

When I find him Haymitch and Effie, they look really busy so I take Nicole from Effie's arms. I then head off to find Kat because she will be looking for me if not she has Willow. When I find Katniss I give her a hug and a kiss and take Marissa who is still in a deep conversation with Katniss back to Madge who will be worried sick about where she is because she is not with me. When I find Madge she has Willow she and is taking her around to everyone and showing then a funny play that they have made together. I asked Madge to have Willow back.

"Just a couple more minutes we are having a great time. I am in love with this baby." Madge whines.

"Me too and I want what is best for her and that does not involve staying up late." I tell Madge.

"Okay but we need to get together soon."

"Bye Madge and Keith" 👋👋 Kat and I say good bye to everyone and then head home to sleep after a long night of partying 🎀

Hey guys thank you all so much for 170 reads. I haven't been able to update in a while because of school but still I will make it work. I promise that I will not be that amazing writer that never updates. I will always do my best for you guys. I really love all you guys and you guys just make my day with your nice comments and votes.I I have updated my Percabeth story, forever. And will be starting my Fourtris story, Braver Than Most, either today or tomorrow. I will also be uploading my Haugustus story, Infinity, sometime next week. After I complete I will do a sequel called, One family, which is all the stories living near each other and meeting. I hope you guys have a fantastic week I really cannot thank you guys enough for over 170 reads luv you my tributes.

-Alexis