Chapter 43: Maybe

Third Person POV
She is scared that she waited to long. It has been 12 almost 13 years since the birth. She needs to tell her husband first because there may be consequences, but Katniss Mellark is willing to make those consequences.

"Peeta, I think it is time. Willow and Marissa are slipping away from each other and we need to talk to them, now." Katniss explains to Peeta. Peeta has been waiting for this since Willow's birth.

"Kat, I could not agree with you more." Then he pecks her on the lips and they call Willow and Mar.

Willow and Marissa venture into the room. Willow's cheeks look flushed and her eyes are darting around. She can only hope that her parents don't know how rude she is to her sister. Marissa is nervous too but it won't show on her face. She doesn't want Willow to get in trouble.

"Sit down. We need to talk." Katniss tell them each. They nod and sit down. Will is shaking but Mar stays calm on the outside.

"Your mother and I have kept a secret from the both of you for too long. Marissa, you and Willow are twins." Peeta drops the bomb. Marissa jumps up and Willow puts her head in her hand.

"Then why on this Earth was my mom Madge!" Marissa screams. Katniss takes a step back and tears well up in her eyes. The fire in Mar's eyes dies down.

"I'm sorry Mom. Just shocked, I guess." Marissa hugs her Mom.

"It's okay hun. And to answer your question, Peeta and I were scared when we had you two. We didn't know what to do. Madge came up to us with tears in her eyes. Her doctor said she had to get surgery before she had kids. We ended up giving her Marissa. They named you and kept you. If I could do it over Marissa I would have kept you but everything happens for a reason." Katniss answers her question. Marissa is crying.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE AWAY WILLOW THEN??? HUH? WHY NOT HER? WAS SHE TOO PERFECT FOR YOU." Marissa screams and storms off to her room. Katniss buries her face in Peeta's arm. Willow stands up.

"She doesn't mean that. I promise." Willow hugs us and walks out. Katniss lifts her head.

"I am a terrible mother."

Ω˚Ω˚Ω˚Ω˚Ω˚Ω

Willow is meeting up with Kyle and Ryan. Lizzie and Em should be there too. When Willow walks up, Liz and Em are wearing crop tops and so are Kyle and Ryan. Mar is behind them with her shirt pinned up like a crop top.

"Will, Mar joined our little group. Our new name is The Sluts." Kyle mocks.

"Yeah Will so you can eff off." Liz says as she stares Will right in the eye.

"Get out of our lives." Ryan joins in.

"Oh yeah and twinny!" Mar starts, "Tell all of my old friends that I found better ones. Well, off to the club. Tell Mom I went to a sleepover." Then she laughs. Will turns around and runs home.

"Mom, Mar went to spend that night at some friends house okay?" Willow covers for her sister. Who would ever guess that Willow would do this for the rest of Mar's time as a bad girl.

Marissa cam home drunk that night and Willow was the only one who knew about this and she helped Mar into bed and they came up with an excuse together. Mom and Dad will never know. Or so they think. But even though they are safe for now, Katniss and Peeta will figure out some day.    
Heyyy!

I am so sad that this book is coming to an end but the sequel will be on my other account that I will be making. I love you all. Peace out!✌🏼️
~Lauren🌴