Chapter 2: Nicole Ann Abernathy

Katniss' POV

Months soon turn to years and Willow is now six months old. Today Peeta and I are going over to Haymitch and Effie's to see their daughter Nicole. I can't wait because I bet she will be perfect. I quickly throw on a coat and grab Willow and we trudge over to Haymitch's house. Haymitch answers the door.

"Katniss and Peeta!! Come on in!" Haymitch says as he leads us inside. I see Effie and Nicole and almost scream she is a very beautiful baby.

"Effie she is so gorgeous!!" I squeal. I gingerly set Willow down with Effie then I pick up Nicole. She has Haymitch's dark brown eyes but Effie's bleach blonde hair. She is so pretty. Effie treats us all to lunch as we talk about baby stuff while Willow and Nicole play. Soon Annie comes and joins as she sets Finn down to play with the girls

"I have big news. Finn and I are gonna move away." Annie tells us.

"Where to??" I ask.

"A different district." She responds. We all saw this coming so none of us say anything.

"Leaving when Finn is 10, Goodbye." She finishes as her face explodes with tears. Then she picks up Finn and leaves. Then I start bawling and Peeta and Haymitch take the girls away from me and Effie's loud sobs. We just hug and cry. I just am so upset. Eventually Peeta just silently comes up and tells me we are leaving. Then I realize Peeta already took Willow home. I feel myself get lifted up by Peeta's arms. Eventually I pass out from exhaustion.

Peeta's pov

Eventually Katniss falls asleep so I lay her down and start to make dinner. She soon wakes up just before dinner is finished so we set the table and have a nice family dinner. This is what life is made for. Tonight I tuck Willow in and meet Katniss upstairs we are exhausted.

*6 months later*

Peetas pov

My sweet girls run down the stairs giggling and I quickly meet them at the bottom with my arms outstretched. I laugh as Katniss jumps into my arms . I hug her and kiss her. Then she hops down and kisses me back. Willow does the same except I carry her into the kitchen. I find Katniss in there getting us drinks. Then we all sit down and eat our wonderful breakfast.

Katniss pov

I have a surprise party set up for my sweet Willow since it is her birthday. I invited Haymitch, Effie, Nicole, Annie, Finn, Madge, her boyfriend Keith, and my mom. We actually found Madge out in the woods. She actually made it out of the bombing. Madge and I are still best friends. The plan of the surprise part is for Peeta to take Willow on a walk and for me to call him when everyone is ready. I quickly kiss Willow on her precious little head. Then I kiss Peeta goodbye. Then they leave just before everyone comes. First is Haymitch, Effie, and Nicole. Nicole and Willow are best friends. Next, Annie and Finn. Then Madge and Keith. Then of course my mom. We all hide and I call Peeta.

Peetas pov

I hear my phone ring and I answer it immediately knowing who it is.
"Hey babe is it time already," I answer.

"Yes hurry home I miss you." She responds.

"Miss u too baby, Bye" I say and then hang up. Then I tell Willow.

"Willow baby lets go back now." I tell her.

"K" she responds. Then we walk home hand in hand.

-------<<>>><<>>>---------

I open the door to see streamers, balloons, a cake. Everything a birthday could need.

"Surprise" everyone shouts. I jump because it startled me. Then I see Willow's face. It is priceless. Willow runs over to Nicole. I then look at Katniss. She is wearing an orange sundress that really brings out her eyes. I love her so much. She sees me and literally runs over and leaps into my arms. Then we kiss for a little to long since there are people around. The only reason we pull away is because someone interrupts us.

"Alright lovebirds" Haymitch yells which sounds a little like Johannna. I really miss Jo, I wonder where she is. Kat blushes but I just laugh. We next head to the kitchen to eat cake and open presents. The night was amazing I love seeing everyone having fun and being happy. We are all just one big happy "family" 💕