Chapter 10: What if it is Almost Too Late

Katniss' pov
I hate Peeta Mellark. I do not want to kill him I just deeply hate him. He took my kids and I must get them back. My good friend Gale thinks that I want to kill Peeta but I do not. I pretend I want to kill Peeta when Gale is around. Gale is really nice to me. He whips me and punches me to sleep. He says that I cannot do these things to him because Gale does not like niceness. I would do this stuff to Peeta but I hate him and only want to hug him.
"Katniss sweetie what do you want today." Gale yells down to me from upstairs. He has been kind enough to lock me in the basement.
"Gale can I please just leave." I call back.
"Are you going to kill Peeta and bring your kids back to me?" Gale asks.
"Yes, sir, but can you please whip me first." The minute I say that he is down with the whipping post and whip. He ties me to the post and begins to whip all over me. I scream and cry because I hate it so much. It just hurts so freaking bad. I can barely stand it so I fall asleep.
I wake to Gale raping me and am so used to his grand love for me that I just pretend I am still asleep. Raping is how you show love even though it hurts extremely bad. Once Gale has finished I "Wake Up".
"Gale I am leaving now." I tell him as I stand up and leave. Well that was easy.
Peeta's pov
Today we are watching Nicole. Haymitch and Effie are just hanging around at their house. Marissa and Willow just wanted to play with Nicole. I hear a loud smash at the door. Then I see Katniss. She looks mad but her expression softens and she smiles. She runs up to me and her lips crash onto mine. It s at first a hateful kiss but then Kat seems to remember something and she smiles through the kiss and pulls away.
"Peeta, I remember now, it is a long story." She tells me. Then she explains about Prim and how Gale told her all the wrong stuff and her hijackings and whippings. I growl a little when she mentions Gale.
"But, when I kissed you it all flooded back into my memory." She finishes. Then Katniss cringes and screams in pain.
"Hospital... now." Is all she can manage before she passes out. I call Haymitch and explain very quickly what happened. He is there in a flash. When he arrives I pick up a very broken Katniss and run off to the hospital which is only minutes away.
At the hospital all I can do is sit and wait. Effie soon appears.
"Hey Peeta, Haymitch sorta explained what happened to your 4 year olds and they all wanted to come." Effie explains.
"Oh okay, Thanks again Effie." I tell her.
"No problem, Haymitch and I love the kids. Johanna and Carmen came over too and are helping us. So I gotta get back there. See ya Peet." She calls as he leaves.
"Bye." I say as she exits. Then I grab Will and pull her onto my lap. Her hair is still in its perfect ringlets. Marissa sit on one side and Finn on the other side. Nicole sits beside Mar snd we wait.
After a couple hours of taking and just hanging out Doctor Myra comes out, "Well Katniss can come home whenever she feels better. She has a minor break in her foot and a lot of wounds from being whipped she can lay on her back now because of the medicine. She will have to walk around in a medical boot for the next 2 weeks but she will be normal after that. We have fed her and let her drink to restore her lost health. We also got all of the tracker jacker venom out of her so she is totally Katniss."
"That is amazing thank you so much Myra." I tell her and follow Myra to her room it is room 12.
"This is her room." Myra tells us.
"K thanks again Myra." I thank her then walk into the room. Katniss has her foot on a pillow with a big black boot on it. She is bruised on her face and whipping lashes, that I can see, on her shoulders. My Katniss, my poor, sweet, Katniss.

I hope you all like this chapter. I post when I can and please read my new story Unbroken it is partly a true story so please read. 900 READS ALREADY. I am only on my tenth chapter and have almost a thousand reads. I love you guy so much. And a huge thanks to Jelenashipper_101 for the amazing ideas for this story. Merry Christmas by the way.
~Alexis