Chapter 37: Today Ruled

Marissa's POV
I hate school. 5 days a week I go to school and hear Willow and her new friends talk about their amazing grades. Yeah, you read it right, Willow left our group, she has new friends. Those people useed to be my friends, at least some of them. She has Lizzie and Emily from my group of friends. Emily left me and Crystal but Ronnie and Cara joined us. Then she has Ryan and Kyle who are both really smart and popular. Crystal has already graduated but she always meets us at the school and our whole group walks to her house. Willow used to come, but now she goes over to Kyle's house everyday.

"Hi Mar!!" Ronnie yells as she runs over to me.

"Hey Ronnie." I reply, "What class are you headed to?"

"Oh! Math class, ugh." Ronnie groans.

"I am going to English class." I respond sadly. English is my worst subject, so I have a D in it.

"It's okay Marisa, things will get better." Ronnie reassures.

"Hey can I call you Moe? I like that name for you!" Ronnie laughs.

"Sure Moe, and thanks for the support, Oh! I almost forgot that Cara is in this class!" I shriek. Cara has dyslexia too, so she was moved in my class so we could be together.

"Oh yeah! I forgot too. I guess you all can sit together." Ronnie looks kind of disappointed.

"It's okay Ronnie. We all have Study Hall together, which is next!" I try to cheer her up but Willow, Lizzie, and Kyle are all in her Math class. Ryan and Emily are in my English class. They always tease Ronnie too.

"I know, it's just, I really hate Math class." Then Ronnie laughs and walks away. I walk into Mr. Mathews classroom and immediately see Cara. She saved a spot for me so I sit down.

"Hey Cara! Remember, only 2 more weeks of school!" I cheer.

"Yes!" Cara joins me. I laugh but Mr. Mathews stops us.

"Today is your vocabulary test, so get out your pencils." Mr. Mathews announces. Cara and I have special tests that mark out words that are too advanced for us, but even with that help, we have to go to the special needs room to get help form Ms. Morgan, the special needs assistant at our school.

"Mr. Mathews, can Cara and I go get help from Ms. Morgan?" I ask after he hands us our test.

"Yes." He replies. I try to stay calm as I glance at my test. I completely forgot we had a text today so I don't know any of these words. We walk into Ms. Morgan's room and see her at her desk.

"Hello girls," She greets, "Is it a vocabulary test?" That is when I start to cry.

"I-I already have a D-D in M-Mr. Mathews class and I f-forgot to st-study. " I sob.

"It's okay Marisa." Ms. Morgan looks at the test, "It is only 10 words. We can do this." Ms. Morgan helped Cara and I through the whole test, and when I got back to the classroom, I was beaming with pride.

"What are you so happy about?" Mr. Mathews asked after we turned in our tests.

"I feel really good about this Mr. Mathews." I tell him. He smiles too.

"That's very good Marisa." Mr. Mathew compliments. "If you get a B or higher on this test, I will not make you do the workbook pages for homework." I smile and sit back down. He grades the test and after awhile, he stands up.

"Class, I have some very good news. Everyone in the class got a B or higher on test so no one has homework." Then he looks at me and winks. The bell rings so I get up, but Mr. Mathews stops me on the way out.

"Marisa, I have no clue what you did differently, but you got an A and so did Cara." Mr. Mathews tells me. I scream and jump up and down. I feel like I am on top of the world.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Everyone in my group is super happy because Cara and I got an A on the quiz. Also today in Math class. Ronnie got a way better grade then Will and her friends. I don't hate Will and her friends but they are just really mean. We walk up to Crystal's front door.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Conner is grounded so he will be here too." Crystal says quickly.

"WHAT?" I scream.

"Don't worry, he won't leave his room, and if he does. My mom will beat him silly." Crystal laughs so I lighten up a bit.

"Okay, that is fine." Then we head on inside like we do every other normal day. School Drools but Today Ruled.

Hiyo!

This chapter is my child and I am his proud mother. I am now going to type a sentence without hitting the backspace, this will be weird. <I love you guys, you all are my riedns and I mam glad that yu are pt on thia Earth.> Now you see how much editing I do lol.
~Alexis