Chapter 4: Willow Has a Surprise

*willow is 1 year old*

Katniss' pov

I don't know if it is good or bad that I am pregnant again. I mean I am now 19 and am pregnant with my second child. Peeta says that everything will be okay and that it is because we have been through so much that we were forced to grow up to fast. But that reminds me of her. She was forced to grow up to fast and died because of it.

"Mama" Willow calls, "I am hungwy"

"Okay Will I will be down in a minute." I call and I can here her snickering as Peeta tickles her. Willow and I have a special bond that a mother and daughter always have, the doctors say that ours is more emotional because I have been through so much emotional trauma. I feel bad about it though because when I cry she cries when I have a nightmare she has one too. The doctor said it will go away at her second birthday but for now I cry about it everyday, which sadly makes it worse. I pull off my pajamas and Peeta walks in whilst I am naked.

"Ohh hello" Peeta says trying to control himself.

"Hi baby," I tell him as I kiss him hard on the lips and then quickly pull away teasing him.

"Kaaaatttt" He whines. I laugh then walk into our closet and pull on a teal crop top and some high waisted jean shorts. I walk back out after taking out my braid and letting the curls fall down my shoulders. Peeta starts whistling as I walk out.

"Shut up Peeta, you are sooo weird" I yell as I walk out to Willow sitting on the couch watching smurfs.

"Good morning, Will"

"Mama!" Willow screams as she hobbles over to me on her stubby legs.

"Willow what do you want to eat."

"Daddy made pancakes" Willow says.

"REALLY" I yell as I almost drop Willow trying to get into the kitchen.

"Peeta why didn't you tell me." I yell.

"Well Kat I was gonna tell you but you kinda interrupted me." He says blushing and I just start cracking up. It is so fun to tease Peeta. I grab some pancakes and syrup and sit down.

"Hey Willow, you are gonna head over to Nicole and Uncle Haymitch's house okay?" Peeta tells Will.

"YAAAYYYY" Willow screams.

"Let's go now" I say and we all walk out the door. We drop off Willow at Haymitch's and then head over to the hospital for our appointment. Today we could possibly find out the gender.

"Hello, Katniss and Peeta, good to see you again Huh?" Says Marilee our doctor.

"Hey are we gonna find out the gender today" Peeta asks eagerly.

"Yes you are." Marilee says. I have a strong feeling it will be a girl and so does Peeta. I lay down and Marilee starts the scan.

"You are having a..."

Sorry to leave you all on this cliffhanger but yah it is fun. I love all of you so much. Over 200 reads wow. You guys are awesome. I just wanna give a shoutout to my best friends Emily and Paulina. I told them that I killed Tris' baby but I didn't soooo... Sorry this is short I am mean and I wrote this during school bye👋

~Alexis🎀