Chapter 24: Justin And Carmen

Katniss' POV
Finn is back and safe. Nicole, Haymitch, and Effie all moved back into our house. Today we are all gonna go swimming. It will be my first time going there and swimming without Peeta. Life has been extra hard lately. Itis extremely difficult to care for 7 kids by yourself but now I have Haymitch and Effie's help. I walk down the hallway to Carmen's room to help her find a swimsuit.

"What swimsuit do you want?" I ask.

"PINK" She screams. I look in her drawer and grab her pink tankini with the ruffly top.

"I love it Mommy thank you." Then she hugs me and I leave but when I go find Justin, he already has swim trunks on.

"Good job Buddy." I tell him and he smiles.

"Finny helped me." Justin says proudly. I give him a hug and then walk down to my room and pull on my dark green bikini. I put on an orange coverup. I pull up my hair in a high bun and then walk down the stairs. Effie and Haymitch already packed up the bag to bring so we all just round up the kids and head out the door.

The long walk to the lake seemed even longer without the comfort of Peeta beside me, but eventually we arrive at the lake. I pull off my cover up and jump in. Everyone else does the same.

"Let's see who can hold their breath the longest." Effie suggests. We all agree.

"Okay... 1 2 3 GO" I announce. We all go under. I have not done this in so long. I hold my breath and look around. I wave at Will and Lilly. Justin and Carmen go up first. Then Effie, Lilly, Rye, and Marissa. Willow, Finn and I are the only ones left. I taught Will to hold her breath when she was 2. She has always been the best. But, Finn is Finnick's son, he could hold his breath for a long time. Soon, my lungs are burning so I pull up. Right after I do, Finn and Will pull up at the same time.

"IT IS A TIE!" I announce. We all cheer. Then we decide to play a jumping in the pool game. The order is Carmen, Justin, Lilly, Ryan, Marissa, Willow, Nicole, and Finn. Carmen jumps in with her hands in the air first.

"Did I do good, Momma?" I ask.

"Of course." I laugh. Then Justin makes a goofy face as he jumps. We all laugh. Lilly jumps in with her legs spread wide apart. I am very proud of her. Ryan jumps off in a dive that has almost no splash. Marissa runs and jumps. She does the can opener and makes the biggest splash. Willow jumps and then does a fantastic flip in the air and lands perfectly. Nicole jumps and lays on her side and pretends to sleep. Finn sets up a tube and jumps through it. Now for the awards.

"The first award is Carmen for the most star-like jump!" I announce because with her hands and legs spread apart she looked like a star. Carmen screams for joy and everyone claps.

"Next is Justin for funniest jump!" I announce. Everyone cheers and claps.

"Lilly wins most flexible jump!"

"Ryan wins smallest splash!"

"Marissa wins largest splash!"

"Will wins most fantastic flip!"

"Last but not least! Finn wins the most original!" Everyone practically does not stop cheering the whole time. But eventually we have to go home.

Peeta's POV
I will not be able to come home for a long time. I have been watching them but Gale was serious, he put Finn and Annie in the hunger games. I have been staying away but today I just could not take it. I watched my family the whole time that they were at the lake. It made me sad when they left because I know that I can not go home with them. A tear slips down my cheek.

"Aww bread boy is going to cry." Gale sneers as he walks out of the bushes.

"Shut up Gale." I snap.

"Since you keep watching them, I am going to capture you. And if you resist. I kill your entire family. Except Katniss, I will hijack her to love me so we can have a family." Gale threatens. I let him take me away. I will never come back.

Sorry for the sad chapter everyone. I love all of you guys. You are my baes lol. Thank you guys for all the votes and comments on this story and the other ones. Special thanks to AmericanDallas @i