𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

𝖆 𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊

"𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖉𝖚𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝 Zyanya and Princess Phoebe Zyanya

"𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖉𝖚𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝 Zyanya and Princess Phoebe Zyanya." The crowd turned and watched in awe as the two beautiful sisters glided gracefully down the stairs.

Phoebe was in her golden gown. It caught the light of the crystal chandelier that was hung in the middle of the room. She held a bright smile as she stepped down the well lighted stairs. Her eyes held a childish wonder that Phoenix wished she still possessed.

Phoenix stood with a great aura of confidence. Her dress cascaded down her body, rippling behind her with every step she took. Her arm still looped around her sisters, she let her free arm caress the railing. Her fingers wrapped around the polished marble and she let her feet take her down. She held a smirk and her brown eyes glimmered as they scanned the crowd.

The first person her eyes caught was someone she wished disappeared more than Rabadash, himself. She quickly looked away from the horrid man and continued to look over the crowd. She was almost halfway down the stairs when her eyes lingered on a man with jet black hair. He was leaned against a pillar, sipping a goblet. Her breath caught in her throat at his beauty and she was entranced by him.

Phoebe looked over at Phoenix curiously, wondering why she stopped moving. She gave her sister a gentle push and she was snapped out of her trance. There were only a few steps left and she held her head up high, pretending she didn't just stop to gawk at an unknown man.

The music started once more and the two sisters went to find their Mother. Phoebe held onto her sister's hand and Phoenix made sure her sister didn't try to talk to others. She didn't mind talking to people, but she didn't like doing it at the lengths Phoebe went to. Most of the time she would walk up to random people and begin very long conversations. Those times Phoenix wondered if one of them was adopted.

"Do you see, Mother?" Phoebe asked, looking back at her sister who was trying not to trip on her long dress.

Phoenix took her eyes off the floor and back to her sister, "No, I thought you were looking by yourself." Phoebe huffed, her shoulders slumping. She quickly fixed her posture, knowing her Mother would likely scold her for it.

Phoebe craned her head, standing on the tips of her toes to look over the crowd. Her eyes widened at the man heading towards Phoenix. She dropped back down to her height and mentally panicked. "Oh no, no, no, no. . ."

"What is it?" Phoenix questioned with scrunched eyebrows. She was not in the mood to fight anyone and was made to leave her knives in her chambers —even the ones she tried to sneak into a holster on her thighs—.

Before Phoebe could reply a voice answered the question for her. "Lady Phoenix, oh how nice it is to see you again." Phoenix slowly turned her head over the man she wished would take the hint.