𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 28

𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖊, 𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊

𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖘 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖗

Edmund stood with a bored expression. His eyes ripped through the crowd, searching for any sign of his wife. He was hoping she would obliged to talking a stroll through the gardens, instead of staying in the crowded room.

He enjoyed socializing, but he had done enough for the night. He had lords, kings, queens, emporers, empresses, anything from a to z. He was exhausted and strolling through the gardens with his wife seemed like a entertaining idea.

Taking a few steps forward, a hand was placed on his shoulder. Edmund turned expecting to see a familiar face. Instead he was met with the Prince of Calormen. Prince Rabadash.

He mentally rolled his eyes.

"A pleasure to meet you, King Edmund." He said with a cheesy grin, bowing to show respect. Edmund doing the same.

"The pleasure is all mine." Lie.

Rabadash grinned, two challaces held in his grip. "I thought it be would be rather fun to drink as two men do to pass the time."

Edmund accepted his offer and reached for the golden challace in the mans left hand. Rabadash retracted at an inhumane pace. "Sorry... I've- already taken a sip out of this one."

Perplexed by the quick actions of the Calormen prince, he still accepted the drink.

"I was speaking with your sister, Susan, and she informed me you are married to the oldest Zyanya sister." Rabadash began.

"Yes, we've been married for quite a while actually." He replied, searching through the crowd of royals for a familiar face to save him from this conversation.

"You do know what they say?" Edmund turned to him and shook his head. "Happy wife, happy life."

Rabadash let out a horrid shriek at his own terrible jab at a joke. Edmund took a gulp of his drink, his head going fuzzy.

Edmund had his own fair share of alcohol, but none had ever made him feel like this. Let alone in a matter of seconds after gulping it down.

His eyes caught sight of brunette of the hour. "Could you hold this?"

Rabadash waved it off, "Of course, Your Highness."

By the time he had finished, Edmund had already sprinted out of the room. Bounding after Phoenix.

꧁꧂

Avery clutched her head. One moment she was speaking with speaking wuth her moment and then next she felt a spliting headache tear through her.

She stumbled, gripping the wall to help steady her. She slid down the wall, letting the glistening marble catch her fall.

"Are you okay?" The soft voice that belonged to Susan wondered aloud.

Avery nodded her head, accepting the hand Susan held out to her. "Are you feeling well, darling? You don't look too well."

Her heart fluttered at Susan's words. She never once ever thought she would hear that fall from her beautiful plump lips. "Y-yes, I'm fine actually. I was just a little tipsy."

"As long as you're well. That's all i care about." Avery was astonished by the affection dripping from her lips.

"What's come over you?" Avery's head craning up unnaturally to meet Susan's gaze.

Susan smirked. One that reminded her too much of Edmund. "You could say I've had an ephiany. I finally realized everything. Everything makes sense now."

Avery furrowed her eyebrows. "I love you. I've loved you since the first time I laid my eyes on you all those years ago. Even then, I knew I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life." Avery was even more confused. They had only known each other for a little while. Had Susan really felt this strongly for her this long?

"Please say something." Edmund stared down at his 'wife'. She was deadly silent and she seemed as she had shrunk down. Maybe that was always her height? Or maybe he was just hallucinating?

Whatever may be fun was not enough not calm the unsettling silence that had fallen between them. Had he said too much? Perhaps she did not nor never will feel the same for him.

Edmund blamed his the drink he had consumed. It filled him with false hope and cloudy thoughts.

"You don't have to feel the same way, Pho-" Edmund felt warm soft lips context to his. However, these were not familiar to him.

The lips he remembered were soft and plump. Somehow always tasting like strawberries and mint. They were welcoming and i experienced. Phoenix's affection was never sloppy.

So who was this imposter he confessed to?

Edmund retracted himself from the imposter who claimed to be his wife. The thing that astonished him the most was the chocolate eyes he came contact with.

Avery.

He stared at her in shock.

Had she done this to him? He fell under the impression that she had an infatuation with his oldest sister. Was it all a lie to get closer to him?

He watched as Avery's gaze fell behind him.

꧁꧂
𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘 - 821

a/n - theories anyone?
and i won't be posting on my tiktok
for a while bc i got a new phone and have to
recover my old scene packs :)