𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 39

𝖎 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖉

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖊'𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 from a short distance, heads hung low

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖊'𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 from a short distance, heads hung low. Phoebe had her arms wrapped around her sister, black veils concealing their grief. Arcturus standing behind them, his hands closed in front of him. Mariam stood not too far away, this was a family moment. She would never want to intrude.

Bellatrix Zyanya was lowered into the ground, her casket resting next to her husband's. Finally she was at peace, no more pain, no more aches, no more sickness. Just peace.

The clouds hung over them with no intent on leaving. The clouds knew no amount of sunlight would heal the wounds left behind. Grief wasn't something you forget, rather something you learn to live with and grow around.

Black seemed to be a common color today. Whether it was the clouds, the clothes of those around, or the slosh they stood on. It was everywhere. The darkness that grief followed happily behind.

The pastor said a few words as their closest friends greeted the former Queen goodbye.

Phoebe's hand smothered her sobs as dirt was thrown onto the black casket.

Lucy's eyes softened. She quickly went up to her best friend, wrapping her arms tightly around her. She gently shushed the girl, pulling her away from the scene. Arcturus and Peter followed shortly after.

Wet pebbles fell from the sky, churning the dirt that was dropped onto the casket. Phoenix stood there, her eyes trained on a muddy casket.

The grave digger passed her a solemn look, to which she did not return. The loss of a Mother would forever remain with you. It was like trying to rid herself of something that was always a part of her.

She remembered her Father's funeral, but she never remembered the grief that came with it. It was forever locked away.

She always thought Phoebe to be the lucky one. Her memories never haunting her. Her young age at their Father's funeral benefited her in the long run. Phoenix forever envied her for this. The benefit of never remembering.

Heavier and heavier pebbles fell from the sky, tainting the beautiful black casket. The brown milky dirt trickled down the sides of the freshly made casket. More dirt was dropped down on top of it, solidifying the death of Bellatrix Zyanya more than preferred.

Susan placed a hand on Edmund's shoulder. Her words barely higher than a light whisper. "I'm going inside. Don't stay out too long in this rain." He nodded, listening to her walk farther and farther away from the scene of despair.

Phoenix stood stiller than a statue, watching as the grave diggers filled in the hole in the ground. Edmund stepped forward as the little clear pebbles picked up speed.

"Phoenix, come inside. The rain has already drenched our hair." Her head turned, her lip quivering. She felt secure showing Edmund her true emotions, one of the few people who Phoenix felt deserved to see the true her.