𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14

𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖊

𝕳𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖐.

That was the one word that could describe her feelings and demeanor. Phoenix was homesick. It had only been two months and she was already longing for home. She missed and longed for her home and everyone in it.

Everyday since their wedding, Phoenix woke before Edmund. She would pick out her clothing and silently dress in the rather grand bathroom. She would then pick up her sword and escape onto the training grounds.

Most days Lucy followed after Phoenix, pleading for her to teach her what she knows. After a while, due to Lucy's unwavering persistence and subtle stubbornness, Phoenix caved and began instructing her.

Lucy reminded her too much of Phoebe and it pained her to be around the young girl. She never voiced this seeing how excited and happy Lucy was to be trained by her. She could never break the young Queen's heart for her own pitying.

Phoenix decided the night before as she was reading that she would venture to the beach. The water always gave her a sense of calmness. She just adored listening to the gently crashing of the waves on the almost white sand. It gave her relief and seemed to help with her longing for home.

She dug her feet into the ground, letting the heat from the sand warm up her body. The cold December air nipped at her nose and caused her to wrap her arms around her body. She watched the clear water ripple every so often. The bright sun shown down on it, making the water almost seem to sparkle back at her.

Her mind wandering to her wedding night.

Phoenix followed behind Edmund trying to remember her way to their shared chambers. It sounded awful in her head and she could only imagine how it she would react to hearing it out loud. But for once she kept her lips sealed and her foot steps even quieter.

The expectation of the conclusion of their night left Phoenix in a sour mood. Her mother and everyone could shove off. If they wanted her to lay with the Just King so badly, they could complete the task themselves.

Edmund was trying to knock himself out of his dream. He concluded that he was stuck in one long dream and he was to wake up at any given moment. Of course when that didn't happen he grew furious. He still couldn't muster what idiotic thoughts spun through his siblings minds when they made the betrothal.

He sped up seeing his chambers at the end of the hall. Phoenix picked up her white dress, trying to keep up with the overreacting King. She was not use to hearing heels. Her ankle rolled and she tumbled to the ground. "Oh, shi"

Edmund turned his head and snickered seeing her on the ground.

Phoenix fished out the broken heel from under her dress, scowling up at him. "Oh, you think this is funny?"