𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 40

𝖘𝖍𝖍𝖍, 𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖇𝖊

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖜𝖆𝖘 silent

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖜𝖆𝖘 silent. The guests had left, most had given their condolences, and Phoenix had a teary goodbye with Avery and her family. She watched as the rain cascaded down the window pane. All the while, a hole managed to creep its way into her heart.

She felt empty.

Her Mother had always been there and in a blink of an eye she was gone. It was like she never existed in the first place.

Footsteps approached her, she silently peered over her shoulder, surprised by Peter's presence. He quietly stood beside her watching the water drip down the glass.

Peter cleared his throat. "Fancy seeing you here." He awkwardly shuffled on his feet.

"Hm, I could say the same for you." Her eyes stayed trained on the watery wonderland. The forced conversation not entertaining her whatsoever.

Peter shrugged. "Thought you could use the company. No one likes to be alone."

A smile tugged at the corner of her mouth, her head tilting up. "That's where you're wrong. I like being alone. It's a lot better than you could imagine." She turned, starting down the hall to the stairs. She wanted any excuse to get out of the strained conversation.

Peter followed after, to which Phoenix sighed. "If Ed sent you after me to babysit me, tell him I am just fine walking around this place by myself. I grew up here, I know my way around."

Peter jogged up to her side. "I don't take orders from my brother." Phoenix kept her chin up as the High King tried to come up with lies. "No one should be alone in a time like this."

Phoenix's pride faltered. He just had to mention it. She looked to the side that he occupied. "Alright, but once I make it up to my room you're gone. Deal?"

Peter grinned. "Deal."

Phoenix nearly sneered at the blonde's shit eating grin splayed on his face. "You're already making me regret this."

He snickered, his shoulders bouncing up and down. "That's what I am here for."

꧁꧂

Phoebe closed the door behind her, slipping off her shoes as she sunk to the bottom of her door. Her eyes were puffed and it hurt to even think of crying. She just sat just staring at her gown.

She never understood how Phoenix was able to hide her emotions so well. Whenever something happened she let it all out and envied that Phoenix was able to hold it in.

Sometimes Phoebe wished she was her sister. Phoenix always seemed so strong and she was always seen as the crybaby younger sister that everyone had to keep a close eye on. She wished, just once, that everyone would see her how they saw Phoenix. A brave soul who would do anything for her family.