𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 34

𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗

𝕰𝖉𝖒𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖜𝖎𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖉 𝖆 strand of Phoenix's hair around his finger

𝕰𝖉𝖒𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖜𝖎𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖉 𝖆 strand of Phoenix's hair around his finger. No longer bare, they laid together. Neither slept just letting the warm embrace conquer drowsiness.

No words were spoken as the embrace spoke all unvoiced thoughts and emotions. They were together now and that's all that mattered.

The sun early morning sun poke through the velvet curtains to the exposed floor of the warm room.

Phoenix listened to the gently hum of Edmund's heart. Her hand resting on the cloth of his tunic. Fearing she might twitch, in her mind she recited one of her favorite poems. It kept her from moving around, she was far to comfortable to shift her weight.

Edmund watched as she scrunched her nose in thought. His hands thrumming her notes hair, he eased his finger through the knots, carefully untangling them. He watched her hair flop back onto her back. It was nearly down to her butt, though she didn't seem to mind one bit.

Phoenix's eyes began to flutter as a crashing wave of drowsiness reached her place at the lively shore.

A crashing sound was heard at the balcony door. Both Phoenix and Edmund shot up in the bed. Edmund turned to her and nodded.

The two slowly crept out of the bed, grabbing their swords. The tip of the blade pointed up high and mighty.

Edmund and Phoenix tiptoed to the closed glass door. They halted just before the open curtain, Edmund's hand grazing the gold door handle. He motioned for the door to open on three, Phoenix nodded.

"One," He mouthed. "Two... Three..." The door was thrown open and the two ran out swords pointed to the unsuspecting burglar.

Jax dropped the letter, "What are you two doing?"

Phoenix rolled her eyes, her hands falling to her side. "We thought you were some burglar or assassin. Don't do that!"

The dragon snickered. "Especially with what's happening over in Perpetua Aurmeun." Edmund furrowed his brows.

"What are you referring to?" Jax looked back forth between the two, tiny eyes bulging. She hadn't told him.

"Nothing of your concern."

He huffed, placing the sword down. "Well if it has something to do with you, then it is my concern."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "You don't own me." A hand sliding up to her hip.

The small dragon pushed between the two. "A group of highly trained assassins have been trying to execute her family." Phoenix threw a glare to the being who was dragging the letter inside.

"Traitor," She murmured.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?!" She kissed her teeth, her jaw clenching.