𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 55

𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖜?

𝕬 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘 after the arrival of Princess Avery everything for the Zyanya's shifted

𝕬 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘 after the arrival of Princess Avery everything for the Zyanya's shifted. Their collective destiny changed for the worse and no moirai could alter the selected fate of the royal daughter's joint divine decree.

Edmund lay awake in his bed, staring up at the canopy that draped over the luxurious four-poster bed. He could not say what his old bed looked like, but he knew it could not match the feeling of lying alongside his wife.

Her arm was delicately strung across his bare chest, her shallow breaths bouncing off the skin of his neck. His fingers thrummed through her brunette locks. He pondered over his life, wondering what if he had never met the beautiful woman beside him. If the White Witch had conquered Perpetua Aurmeun, he shuddered at the thought.

Some what-ifs were meant to remain fleeting thoughts.

She could harm him no more, he made absolutely certain that her claws would never sink into his flesh ever again. Her twisted whispering words of vengeance and sacrifice would never poison his mind, let alone his family.

He could protect them in the ways he never was before.

A sudden chill blew the balcony door almost off the hinges. The glass shattering inside the golden frame, the shards slapping and bouncing on top of the marbled floors. In the blink of an eye, the woman beside him vanished, the soft weight of her head left a phantom touch. Phoenix! He wanted to scream, but no words were spoken, his throat dry and brittle.

A thick fog rolled through the depleted door, rolling against the marble. Edmund scrambled around the sheets, his mind jumping back and forth between his wife and his daughter. Every movement felt as if he was underwater, slowly treading in waist length, forcing his knees up high to cross any distance at all. He needed to find them.

"Edmund," The voice froze him in utter terror. Her voice had not changed since she last spoke to him; cold and unforgiving.

He frantically spun in circles, searching for her. He was alone, in a room he could not recall. Darkness stretched for miles and long columns stretched to infinite heights. The room echoed his labored breaths, basking mockingly in his sheer terror. Her vile laughs plagued his senses and sent his heart soaring from his chest. "Have you missed me, little king?"

He did not, nor will he ever. "Go away! We defeated you!"

Her haunting chuckles ridiculed him in the simplest fashion. "You can never be rid of me, Edmund. And I will collect what is owed to me." The sound of his daughter's screams billowed through the air.

"Stella!" Edmund shot up in his bed, sweat trickling down his face and drenching his clothes in adrenaline-coated fear. He gasped for oxygen, his lungs begging for relief. His eyes jumped around, scoping for any visible threats. It was just a nightmare. None of it was real.