𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 43

𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖔 𝖎 𝖘𝖆𝖞?

𝕷𝖚𝖈𝖞 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 instruction by Phoenix's side

𝕷𝖚𝖈𝖞 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 instruction by Phoenix's side. Her job today entailed helping her sister to train the guards —seeing as she could not demonstrate herself.

"That seems... interesting," Phoenix said, earning Lucy's attention. She was watching two of the royal guard members battle out. Both seemed to be intensely focused on their skill. Their feet skillfully, blades creating a rhythmic tune. "What do you say, Lucy?"

Lucy felt a strange force pulling her to the two duelers. The longer she stared the more intense the tugging became. "Lucy?" Phoenix placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" Phoenix gave her a knowing glance. Her eyes flicked over to the scene.

She drew in a short breath. "As I was saying-," She teased. "-we should take a closer look." Phoenix never said this. In fact, she was trying to convince the spirited girl to follow her inside. Something was off and she knew it, but upon noticing Lucy's star-struck gaze she pushed it away. Even when the nagging proceeded.

Lucy agreed and offered her hand. "I'm pregnant not incapable of walking!" Lucy jumped back, her hands going up defensively, her behavior strikingly mimicking Peter's. Something she picked up on the siblings. Peter and Lucy tended do act the same, whereas Susan and Edmund were more alike.

She shook her head. "Come along, Lu."

"Yes, your Majesty." Lucy playfully added.

A crowd began to form around the two soldiers. The Narnians placing bets and increasingly becoming rowdy at each strike. Lucy acknowledged how Phoenix stood, her face showing neither her favorable party or her reason for being there.

Lucy admired how the armor suited the bodies of the guards well. The protective helmet hiding their identities from her.

Phoenix glanced over, hiding a smirk as Lucy's lips parted. Puppy love. She felt like a proud mother watching as her daughter went off on her first dance with someone other than her family. Oh how livid Edmund and Peter would be if they saw their baby sister swooning over boys? Girls? Both?

She shrugged either-or, she wouldn't care. Lucy deserved to know the feeling of first love.

Lucy's head tilted to the side as the one guard glanced over to her. Heat flushing up her neck and cheeks. Her eyes fell to the ground, her brown locks fanning curtains around her head to hide her embarrassment.

Phoenix eyed the girl again a smile glued to her face. Her eyes returned to the two. Their swords clashed and their movements were sharp. The blades danced and cut through the air quicker than Phoenix could comprehend.

One soldier lost footing and crumpled to the ground. The second guard was quick to push the blade of their sword to the persons neck. The surrounding Narnians applauded and Phoenix did the same, though not as rowdy as her people.