𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 37

𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖑𝖔𝖒𝖌

𝕬 𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖐 𝖍𝖆𝖉 passed by since the wake of Bellatrix Zyanya

𝕬 𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖐 𝖍𝖆𝖉 passed by since the wake of Bellatrix Zyanya. Phoenix had not yet had time to visit her Mother in person, her swollen feet, and diplomatic duties keeping her from doing so. She did write to her Mother explaining of her duties. Gratefully, Bellatrix understood, only requesting that her daughter to visit when she got the chance.

Not to mention the fact that Edmund had been stuck in court until the days bled into night. Most nights, Phoenix would wait for him to return and massage his shoulders, relieving the tension from them. His mangled hair sticking out in all different directions. Other nights, the king would crawl into bed laying against his sleeping queen. A smiling creeping onto his face when she curled into his touch. Her sleeping face peaceful and her mind in complete serenity.

For now, Phoenix had been invited to tea. She slipped on a dress for tea with Susan. Smoothing out the dress, she plopped herself on the bed, rubbing her sore and aching feet. Her mind wandered as she tried to relieve herself of the pain.

Phoebe continued to scowl, crossing her arms. "You didn't tell him, did you?"

Phoenix shut the door, avoiding eye contact. "That's none of your concern whether I did or did not."

Phoebe followed her sister over to the chairs placed in their Mother's room. "You're right, but it is Edmund's concern!"

Phoenix remained silent. "You know I'm right, Fire!"

Maybe Phoebe was right...

Phoenix never thought how her reluctance to inform Edmund of their predicament would effect him. She mainly thought of it as her concern. It was happening to her, not him. Why should feel inclined to tell him?

A scuff like knock broke her from her thoughts. "Your Majesty, I've come to escort you to Queen Susan's quarters."

Phoenix sighed. "One moment please."

"Of course, Your Highness."

Phoenix reluctantly let go off her sock clad feet and stood. She smiled when she realized that the gown crumpled at the floor. A lengthy gown went with the satisfaction of wearing no shoes. The cold floor soothed the ache of her feet.

With a proud smile she opened the door. Outside waiting for her was a rather large tiger the stripes along its back faded. "Hello, I don't believe we've meet before."

The tiger bowed. "I tend to stay in High Queen Susan's wing, Your Majesty. I was assigned from the beginning to keep a watchful eye on her."

Phoenix nodded, stepping out and closing the door behind her. "May I ask for your name then?"

"My name is Junipe, Your Highness."

The tiger seemed friendly enough, but it irked her how many times he referred to her title. Clearly, he had spent far too much time with the High King. "Please, call me Phoenix."

He nodded and began walking forward. Every so often, Junipe would turn and look at her curiously. Phoenix merely would throw glances to the side, pretending not to notice the odd behavior. She kept her hands crossed in front of her as she walked.

Junipe slowed, falling in line with Phoenix. He snuck glances from the corner of his large beady eyes. "Is there a problem?" She asked, the little patience she had, wearing thin.

"Nothing my Lady, are you feeling ill?"

"No, not at all." Junipe nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"You're with child then." Phoenix gulps.

"Yes."

"Does King Edmund know of this?"

Phoenix nibbles on her lip, "No. I'd like to keep it that way for a while."

"May I ask why? As this child will be the heir to the throne and the Narnians would be thrilled to hear of this."

Phoenix sighed. "I've never thought of myself as the mothering type. I haven't a single nurturing bone in my body. I can't go through with this."

"You doubt yourself?" The old tiger asked.

"Yes." She paused, "Do you even think Edmund would want a child?"

"I dunno, I suppose you'd have to ask him." Phoenix chuckled.

"You're good."

Junipe stopped just before the door to Susan's study. "I do advise that you tell him."

"I can't..."

"Your a strong Queen, I believe you can." He turned, going to rest against a wall as Phoenix and Susan had their tea time.

Composing herself she opened the door, "Susan?"

She smiled upon hearing Phoenix's voice. She set down a letter she had been working on and beckoned her in. "Hi Phoenix!"

"Will anyone else be joining us?" Phoenix asked.

"No, it's just going to be you and I." Phoenix smiled sitting down in the velvet chair across from her desk.

Susan's study was very different from Edmund's. Everything in room seemed to have a purpose and was well organized. Small plants littered the open area, along with different objects she had collected over the years. It brought a sort of comfort Phoenix couldn't properly explain, but rather she could feel it.

Phoenix watched as Susan picked up the tray and set it down on the small coffee table. She watched as the hot liquid pooled into the small glass cup. "How have you been?"

Phoenix turned. "Better. How have you been?"

Susan smiled. "Happier. Rabadash and I have been frequently writing to each other. He's a very generous man."

Phoenix sipped the tea, rolling her eyes. "That's nice." She deadpanned.

Susan ignored the sarcastic manner of Phoenix and continued. "From what I've heard your mother is doing a lot better."

"Yes she is and for that I am eternally grateful."

Susan nodded looking at her. "How long?"

Phoenix furrowed her brows. "What?"

Susan raised an eyebrow, putting her cup back on the tray. "You and I both know what I am referring to. So I ask again, how long?"

Phoenix clenched her jaw. "About a month."

꧁꧂

𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘 - 968

a/n - short chapter
next will be lengthy

stuff is about to go down