𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 50

"𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌?! 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖌𝖊?! 𝖂𝖍𝖔 agreed to this?!" Phoenix asked, slamming down the letter onto the round table

"𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌?! 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖌𝖊?! 𝖂𝖍𝖔 agreed to this?!" Phoenix asked, slamming down the letter onto the round table. Phoenix had just received a letter from Phoebe and her cousin entailing of Phoebe's upcoming wedding to Prince Oliver.

Susan jumped. "What?"

"Phoebe is to be married in two days' time and I knew nothing of the sort! I still have rule and yet I hadn't even heard a whisper." Lucy fiddled with her fingers whilst her siblings all refused to make eye contact with Phoenix. She clenched her jaw, "Did you all know about this?"

She looked around the round table her temper rising. She looked at her husband, "Edmund? Why hasn't anyone spoken of this to me?"

He cringed, sinking back into his chair. Lucy stood up abruptly. All eyes turned to her, all curious. "I. . ." She pointed towards the door. "Stella— Bye!" She rushed out of the room, eager to slip out of the tense situation.

Edmund looked back up at his wife, trying to hide the gulp that clawed its way down his throat. "We thought you may be a little angry. Arcturus acted on a whim because the country—"

"Low on crops this year. Yes, I know. At my command, Jax has been sending over some of my fully developed herbs to help with growth." Phoenix finished off.

"It's Price Oliver. Arcturus knew you would approve so, he had us wait until Phoebe informed you." Edmund passed his brother a grateful glance. Phoenix had a very short temper and he would much rather her explode on her brother than him. Helping Phoenix calm down was much more delightful than being the one she is angry with. By Aslan, could that woman hold a grudge.

Phoenix straightened out, "Oh." Her voice slighting cracking.

"How about some tea?" Susan asked, standing up from the table. "Lucy should be bringing Stella to my study."

Phoenix's lips parted. "Yes. That sounds amazing." She followed Susan out of the room with her chin up. She was slightly embarrassed by her outburst, but would not let anyone know.

Her cousin had made the arrangements without informing her of a single detail. Once she saw him, he would be given a piece of her mind. She understood that she was a country away, but he needed to acknowledge that she still had a say in what he did and what was decided and finalized. It wasn't that she did not trust Oliver or his family, she had known them forever. She just wanted a say in what happened, but as long as Phoebe was okay and happy with the decision, she would go along with it.

Edmund felt guilt creep up on him. Maybe he should have told her. He would have gone against his word, but she would have been kept informed.

But, it isn't best to dwell on the past. As long as she was not angry with him, he knew he was fine. Wait, was she angry with him?