CHAPTER 01

❛❛ 𝘖𝘩, 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬, 𝘐 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦, 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯. ❞
❛❛ 𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢 
❛❛ 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? ❞

─────────────────────

SATORU  GOJO
ᴘ   ᴏ   ɪ   ɴ   ᴛ    ᴏ   ꜰ    ᴠ   ɪ   ᴇ   ᴡ

It was just a typical calm midday in the midst of June.

The refreshing breeze in the air, the comforting distant sounds coming from some birds and children that is busy playing at the nearby park, and the fair sky that is not very cloudy but still provides just enough shade to make my way to dessert shop cool while also sheltering this two fellas at my back from the direct rays of the sun.

Although sometimes I accidentally spot some small fry or weak curses in the alley, I decided to shrug them all off and continue with my passionate journey, not unless they wish to be exorcised and attack me first.

Everything is just normal for Geto, Shoko, and I.

Until...

"Please come again!" the sales lady shouted in a polite manner as we exit the shop with the large box of vanilla shortcake with fresh strawberries on my hands.

"Seriously, you drag us all over here just for that?" asked by the midget on my right side.

A figure with shoulder length brown hair, a visible mole under her right eye, and wears a jujutsu high uniform with a high collar. Shoko Ieri, one of my only two classmates that loves to kill herself using a small rolled stick called cigarette.

On the other hand, the person on my right side simply laugh his disbelief before giving the two of us a smug expression, "And you're still not used to it, Shoko?"

Geto Suguru, a tall and slim man with tied up black hair and prominent bangs, small black eyes, and earlobes that are large enough to fit a fairly large circular earrings.

"Oh, c'mon~! I'm going to share these with you two, remember~?"

"I'm not into sweets, Satoru," Shoko bitterly replied.

"Me too," Geto added with the same level of bitterness in his voice.

In return, I acted like I'm hurt by their harsh words towards my cake, which is truthfully not because I'm not that saint enough to also share my comfort food even though they were my dearest friends.

Minutes passed between some small bickering and silence that we comfortably shared together before Shoko decided to drop a bomb that I surprisingly didn't knew.

"Eh~! We have a new student~?" I asked before turning my head towards Geto. "You know and didn't share to me!" I whiningly accused.

"Wha—no, I didn't also kne—"

"How dare the two of you! I thought we are all friends here!"

"Let me finished, for pete's sake!" he frustratingly shouted.

Before our conversation turn into shouts and another childish scenes started by yours truly, Shoko successfully cut both of us by just lightning the killing stick in her mouth and puffing out its suicidal residues.

"We supposed to welcomed her tomorrow," she started while looking above and watching the thick white smoke her cigarette created.

My brow furrow by the pronoun she use, "Her?"

"How did you know that the new student is a she? You already see her?" Geto asked.

"Nope, I just heard that she's a female from Yaga-sensei." 

Another member to the group? Now, that's quite interesting.

"I don't exactly know why she didn't came but..." she then glance her gloomy eyes somewhere, "probably she got nervous or somethi—huh?"

Geto and I immediately halt in our spot when Shoko suddenly stop walking while looking at our left with a clear confusion in her face.

Under my pair of dark sunglasses, my bright blue eyes slightly grew open while curiously staring at the brown-haired lady sitting casually on the barricade with high cable wire fence at the other side of the bridge where we are currently passing.

She's lowly humming a melodic sound, a song that we could barely hear while vigorously swinging her feet in the air like a careless child she's already portraying.

If I simply based everything to her action and the spot she chose to be in, she simply looks like a thrill seeker that enjoying her youth in an exciting activities that involve physical risk rather than a suicidal teenager in a middle of her puberty.

But before all of that, how? How in the stupidity did we not, especially me because I'm the strongest here, sense her presence much earlier? She looks like she's been there for almost a good couple of minutes, and we didn't notice it! Unacceptable!

"Are we not going to warn her?" Geto asked, cutting the silenced between the three of us. "That's a pretty long trip if she accidentally loss her footing."

"I'm more curious how in the world she climb up there," Shoko commented.

Just as I am about to shout to get her attention, I'm totally sure that all us feel, and show the same level of bewilderment and stupefaction in our expression, when the mysterious young lady suddenly raise both of her hands and jump like she's in a some sort of sky-diving competition without a parachute.

Without thinking much anything, and I mean any single thing, I mindlessly drop the box I was carefully holding on the ground before I sprung into action to save that girl before her body hit the deadly current of the river beneath the bridge and say goodbye to her poor soul.

Seriously! What the actual fuck is she thinking!

When I finally reach her right wrist, that is also surprisingly covered in white bandages, and pull her body towards mine so that we can teleport both of us out of this situation.

"Wha..."

That's when I also realized something that absolutely blew my mind.

I . . . I don't . . .  I can't feel any of my cursed energy.

Accepting my pathetic state before my heroic deed ended up in a waste, I quickly changed our position and ensure that I will take most of the impact from whatever awaits to us underneath that water while keeping her head safe in my chest.

What the hell is going on? I seriously cannot feel the infinite amount of cursed energy flowing inside my body, like it didn't exist in the first place or something.

Just a two and a half feet before my entirety harshly hits the water and probably some giant rocks beneath it that will surely going to knock me dead or just unconscious, I feel and see it.

I feel a petite warm arms protectively hug my head before my face got press between her perfectly toned bosom as she swiftly and almost unbelievably changed our position in just a small amount of time.

And here I am, foolishly thought that this is going to be just a typical calm midday.

ᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴄᴀɴᴛ