CHAPTER 34.5

SIDE STORY 34.5
ᴠɪᴇᴡᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴏꜱᴀᴡᴀ ᴅᴀᴢᴀɪ
──────────────────────

F  L  A  S  H  B  A  C  K
SUMMER OF JUNE 2011

"Is Dazai-san okay?" I heard Atsushi asked after he saw me laying, almost lifelessly, on the couch inside the Armed Detective Agency Office, with my left arm blocking everything on my sight. "She's been acting like that since morning."

"Don't mind him, she's just being over dramatic," Kunikida replied while typing furiously on his computer. "Hey! Dazai! Finished your report! And don't you dare passed it again on Atsushi!"

Instead of answering and making fun of his workaholic behavior, just like I usually do, I simply continue to silently lay on the couch and act like I didn't heard a single thing.

"U-Uh, Kunikida-kun, I think Dazai-san is really not o—"

"And dry your hair after taking a bath! You're making an accident area with those droplets of waters on the floor!"

When I didn't bother to answer him again, I already predict that may action will makes everyone look at me and stop whatever they are doing at that moment, specifically Kunikida, when I didn't heard any sound of keyboard or pen that is getting severely abused at his direction.

Well, it's not like I'm purposely doing this to get their attention.

I already take a very cold, bath but still, I just feel very hot. So annoyingly hot like I'm having a free trial on what hell feels like when its burning your body and soul inside and out.

What's even more annoying is the fact that even if there's an aircon inside the room where am I trying to relieve this feeling, I still feel like I'm standing underneath the blazing sound outside for a long hours, and sweating all of my liquids out of my body until I became a nori, or a dried edible seaweed snack.

Jeez~! If I only know that this would be the result, I surely wouldn't eat that wild mushroom that I intentionally find when I hike and venture this mountain just early morning.

"Dazai-san, are you okay?" Atsushi asked again, with a much more worriedness in his calm voice, before I felt a two presence coming near me.

"Atsushi is right. Your complexion isn't look normally good, Dazai," I heard Yosano-sensei commented before she crouch down to level me. "Hey, if you're still not going to answer, then I just want to inform you that I'm going to touch your forehead to take your temperature, o—woah!"

Before Yosano could even do anything, my body suddenly sit up on its own while my half-lidded eyes is taking an observation on my surrounding.

"Did you take an aphrodisiac or some kind of strong drug?" Yosano asked with a frown on her expression. "Because that would explain why your face is so red and your rapi—eh? And where do you think you are going?"

She asked again when I suddenly get up, take off my long trench coat, and walk towards this wooden door that in my perspective is for the way outside, while also slowly unbuttoning my black vest that is over my striped dress shirt.

Ah~! It's still so hot~! Should I take another cold bath, aga—hm?

Like a sudden snap in my already overloading system, my attention quickly focus at my mildly wavy, long, dark brown hair, with its strands that is covering half of my face.

What if I cut this one? Will it relieve something in my body?

Not minding the loud voices at my back, I continue to walk towards the door, which I then realized is Yosano's office because of the familiar collection of surgical knives on the cabinet.

Unconsciously moving my body to get the biggest knife on her collection, I still heard Atsushi asking me what in the world I am doing, before any noises inside and outside Yosano's office instantly cease down.

With a clear bafflement in their expression, except Ranpo who I know already guess what I'm going to do with the knife in my hand,  their confusion immediately turn into complete surprise and terror when I used that knife to cut my hair in only one swift motion.

Without any single emotions in my eyes, I slowly shift my gaze at the long and thick strand of brown hair in my hands, before a deep disappointed sighed escaped in my mouth.

"Goodness~! I still feel so hot~!"  I mumbled to myself before everything turns black.

ᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴄᴀɴᴛ