CHAPTER 42

❛❛ 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘦. 𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘥, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵. ❞

─────────────────────

Yuta Okkotsu
ᴘ   ᴏ   ɪ   ɴ   ᴛ    ᴏ   ꜰ    ᴠ   ɪ   ᴇ   ᴡ

"What's with the long face, Yuta?" Panda asked after he see me coming near them while carrying a plastic bag that is containing my lunch for today. 

"O-Oh? Uh, i-it's, its umm..."

Inumaki instantly stop eating his onigiri and look at me. "Takana?" 

"Did something happened while we are gone?" Panda asked again while Maki is simply staring at me while chewing her own share of onigiri. "Did Maki bully you again?"

Maki immediately respond with his question and furiously complain why both Panda and Inumaki always suspect that she's bullying me.

On the other hand, while they are busy bickering with one another, my mind quickly goes somewhere and contemplate whether I should tell them, or not.

I mean, I know they have a rights to know what I just saw earlier, but I also don't want them to get worried like me. I'm aware how much they care about Dazai-sen—

"Are you just going to stand there and watch us eat?"

Maki's question quickly makes me snap out of my thoughts before I hastily join them sitting on a large picnic cloth to cover the grassy ground, underneath an old oak tree, inside our school.

"So, what's up with you today?" Maki asked. "And don't bother lying to us with that kind of expression." She then gave me a nasty glare. "What I hate the most is liars."

Maki's cold warning immediately sends shiver down my spine to the point that I think I will unconsciously spill anything to them if I just open my mouth and speak.

"U-Uh, Yuta, don't take Maki's words seriously. She's just worried like us." Panda tried to reasoned out when he noticed how nervous I am. 

"Shake."

"Worried? Who's worried! I'm not worri—"

"The . . . The truth is its not about me," I hesitantly said before secretly taking a deep breath to ready myself for whatever is going to react after hearing my answer. "It's about Dazai-sensei."

No one said anything between the four of us for a while before Maki put down the unfinished onigiri in her hand, on the plate, and look me straight on the eye.

"So, what did that idiot pull this time, Yuta?"