CHAPTER 38

❛❛ 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦. ❞

─────────────────────

THIRD PERSON
ᴘ   ᴏ   ɪ   ɴ   ᴛ   ᴏ   ꜰ   ᴠ   ɪ   ᴇ   ᴡ

Somewhere at the capital city of Gunma Prefecture, a slender figure of a woman, with dark brown eyes and long wavy hair, can be seen sitting prettily on white two-seater couch inside a small, humble café where the person she will meet instructed her to went.

"Hm~? Death by poisoning from Shikimi Tree? Well, it's not a pretty bad idea, but..." a sighed of clear disappointment escaped on her mouth before she partially closed the small book in her hand, "I already did this one, and its annoyingly painful, so I guess it will now go to my no-sadly-no list~!" 

Kanzen Jisatsu Manyuaru, or The Complete Manual of Suicide, is a red guide book that is filled with different methods of suicide along with the assessment of the pain it causes, preparation required, the appearance of the body and, lethality.

A kind of literature that Osawa Dazai will never grown tired to read, again and again, as if it is her first time laying her attention on its pages and contents.

"Do I need to use a rope again to end myse—oh~!"

Shifting her attention away from the book she was reading, Dazai happily welcomed the figure, with long light-colored hair that only reaches above her shoulders and bright eyes, that is coming in her direction while doing a small childish clap.

"Wow~! It smells so good~! You brew this?"

"Yes, ma'am, and thank you for the compliment," the waitress politely said as she carefully placed a cup of black coffee on the small circular table on her front. "Is there anything more you need?"

Dazai simply answered with a smile while gently shaking her head.

The waitress quickly understand the gesture, and answered the smile with her polite one, before she bow and finally excused herself back to the kitchen.

Picking up the cup of coffee on the table, Dazai smelled once again its strong aroma first before she slowly let her mouth to take a sip and blessed her tongue with its flavor.

"Just like I expected, the taste is not that bad, but..." She then gaze her eyes at the window on her right where she could see the calm scenery outside, "I still prefer a whiskey that Master served in the Lupin."

More minutes passed, as she patiently wait for that person to came, Dazai couldn't help herself to not recall some important memories that she holds dearly on the past. 

Memories that she expertly separated in different boxes, based on their level of emotional trauma, and kept deep inside her mind. 

Piles of thousands, to million of boxes, that no matter how hard she badly want to get rid off, or forever sealed its contents, it will always find its way to get back and claw out in her weakest moments.

"Finally," she suddenly whisper to herself before placing her coffee back on the table.

After hearing the sound of a wind chime that is bumping its suspended tubes against each other, Dazai can still easily swim back and immediately snap out of her thoughts despite of being drowned and seemingly lost in her own murky sea of memories.