CHAPTER 11

❛❛ 𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦? 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦. ❞ 

─────────────────────

OSAWA DAZAI
ᴘ   ᴏ   ɪ   ɴ   ᴛ   ᴏ  ꜰ   ᴠ   ɪ   ᴇ   ᴡ

They said time flies so fast. One day you're in a bliss of seemingly unending happiness, then in just a blink of an eye, you became in the state where every single thing makes you crippled to even have a chance to continue as if a simple bit of a step can send you to a situation between nothingness or disproportionate.

I slowly blink my lazily while staring at the calm weather outside the window at my side as I also lazily rest my head in my hand that is leaning on the table.

Indeed, time flies so fast. However, it became incredibly slow every time we are counting and desperately waiting for our desires to happened.

Maybe that's why I always failed to die, because from the start, that's what I miserably desi—

"Hey! Are you still listening?" Gojo asked while shaking my shoulder.

"Nope~! I'm not~!" I bluntly reply before pushing him away from me and shifting my attention towards the two figure in our front. "So what you are saying again, Shoko-chan?"

"Your plan for this vacation? Because we are all planning to go back to our hometown."

"Oh, that's right~? I almost forgot. We are going to be second year this next school year." I sit up straight before continuing, "But yeah, don't worry, I already have a planned on where I am going to spend my next two months away from you guys."

"You are not talking about killing yourself kind of planned, right?" Geto suspiciously asked which I kindly answer using a sweet smile.

"Probably~?"

"Okay, someone tied her up and drag her shit back to their house," Gojo said as if he already knew that no one is waiting for me once I exit this school.

Once . . . they leave me.

"She can stay at my place," Geto represents before hesitating to say his next words, "if she can somehow handle some question and answer type of welcoming from my parents and some relatives?"

"Eh~? Then why not just stay at my place," Gojo offered. "I'm totally sure that my parents will not bother you and your presence for the rest of the month."

I simply gave them a plain smile before I look at Shoko, "How about you, Shoko-chan? Aren't you going to offer your place like th—"

"No," Shoko quickly reply with a clear seriousness in her expression,  "I want to be alone and get away from all of your shenanigans."

For some reason, her typical bluntness makes me genuinely laugh. However, I still cautiously tried to keep my real emotions exclusively for myself that's why I choose to keep the smiling reaction in my face. A convenient and cheap facade that I can easy pull whatever the situation.

Yes, they don't need to know what is real and what's not with me. They don't need to know my stories and suffering, my reasons and hardships, and anything beyond those wall that I carefully separate just to protect them.