CHAPTER 11.2

SIDE STORY 11.2
ᴠɪᴇᴡᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ
──────────────────────

F  L  A  S  H  B  A  C  K

"Aw~! So you are really going to America? How come that I'm not invited~?" a feminine sultry voice welcome to Chuuya after he exit his boss office.

The seriousness in his expression immediately changed into anger while his eyes is busy searching for a familiar figure that is wearing a long black trench coat that reached under her knees and visible bandages over her right dark brown eye.

"Shut up," he grumbled when he finally see her leaning against one of the giant windows behind a big and expensive looking vase. "And what are you even doing here, suicidal brat?"

Dazai peeked out her head first, "To see you?" Before she happily skipped to reach him. "And wish you a very bad luck~!"

"Ha.Ha.Ha. Funny," he sarcastically reply as they both start to walk together and leave the place.

A moment of comfortable silence passed before Dazai decided to break it when they finally reach the elevator and press the lobby button.

"So why are you going to America, again? If you don't mind answering."

Chuuya glare at her direction first, "Just like last time, some stupid fuckers tried to steal Mori-san package. He asked me to deal with it."

"Oh~! You mean those highly new imported guns?"

Chuuya simply nodded his head while looking at the chromatic walls of the elevator and fixing the choker in his neck.

"And why I can't come~!" she whined before stomping her feet on the stainless ground. "This is unfair~! You are unfa—"

"I thought you also have an important business dealing in the Mafioso right now?" He then shift his entire attention towards her. "And why the even hell do you want to come?"

"Uh? Because I wanted to try jumping in an airplane, and without a parachu—"

"No, and if you want to die, just do it in the rooftop."

Dazai dramatically sighed, "I already did~! But it failed so that thing is already crossed out with my list."

"Then stop pestering me with your shitty whining! For pete's sake!" he shouted as the elevator door also opened. "I already told you days ago that you can't come!"

Before he could even a few steps away from the elevator, Dazai immediately yet still calmly called his name to say something.

"What?" he asked with pure irritation in his voice before looking at his partner.

"If you safely come back before your birthday," she then gave him a sweet smile as the elevator door starts to close again, "I promise to gave you that..."

+*.+.。*゚+.。*゚+*.+.。*゚+*.+.。*゚+*.+

P  R  E  S  E  N  T

"That 1787 Chateau Margaux as a gift," Chuuya mumbled to himself as he finished recalling his last interaction with Dazai in the port mafia while also staring at one of the most rarest and expensive bottle of wine in his hand. 

After he followed her instruction to go to her old office and find a specific book at the top shelves with the name Meusamor, he didn't failed to see a hidden compartment behind it.

"It doesn't look fake," he commented while examining the authenticity of the bottle that he also carefully pulled out of its wooden box that was amusingly made out of agarwood. "But how? And where in the hell did she buy thi—"

He didn't bother to finish his words after his eyes noticed a VHS tape at the very end of the compartment with written date on its white part that reads...

"18th of Mar—"

"And for the answer for your drunk question last 18th of March..." 

Chuuya immediately jump down from the ladder, and gently place the bottle of wine in the sofa, before he walked towards a small vintage television in the corner right of the room where he can possible play the VHS tape.

It took at least a minute for Chuuya to make the tape play before the static in the television turn into a clear and moving image where he can see Dazai doing something in her table at the middle of the night, 01:23 AM to be exact.

Then after just a couple of seconds when the video starts to play, the door in her office suddenly burst open before a drunk version of himself enter.

"As you can see, if your still not using your stupid eyes..."

He then noticed how her head moved to look at his direction.

"I'm busy, midge—huh? Are you drunk?" she asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "Or you finally decided to take drugs instead of . . . woah!"

Chuuya's face immediately burst into a deep shade of red as he silently watched his drunk self move and carried Dazai under her arm to pull the brunette away from her chair so that he can sit in there, before settling his partner's slender body into his lap.

"Yup, you really are drunk."

The drunk Chuuya in the video just laugh because of her comment.

Dazai lips frowned in return. "Yes, a wasted midget to be exact."

It took at least half a minute for their interaction to progress as  Chuuya finally decided to break the unknown silence between them and move his left hand to touch Dazai neck up to her cheek.

"I have a question..." he slurred while soothing the brunette skin that is covered in bandages using his thumb, "do you want to live with me?"

The current Chuuya, that is now watching the video, unconsciously widened his eyes because of the unexpected question that he boldly asked.

"Aren't we already living together?" Dazai reply like his embarrassing question is nothing.

"H-Huh?"

"I mean, we live in the same building, right? Your room is literally in the same floor with mi—"

"Just the two of us!" He then pull away his hand away from Dazai's cheeks. "What I mean is just . . . literally . . . the two of us."

"Yes, probably I will..."

"Where we can be happy without holding a single thing back."

"If we met in a different timeline with great yet still normal life."

"Far away from here."

"A kind of living that was..."

"Far away from everything." 

"Far beyond from what we are dealing before, until now."

He then lean his head on Dazai's shoulder. "Just the two of us, Osawa."

That's the last scene and words that he see and hear, before the television turn into static as the tape stops playing, and leaving a completely baffled Chuuya in the present.

ᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴄᴀɴᴛ