CHAPTER 25

❛❛ 𝘏𝘦𝘺, 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶? 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘐 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨? ❞

─────────────────────

SUGURU GETO
ᴘ   ᴏ   ɪ   ɴ   ᴛ   ᴏ  ꜰ   ᴠ   ɪ   ᴇ   ᴡ

PRESENT
ONE YEAR PASSED
SUMMER OF AUGUST 2009

"Here we go~!" Shoko shouted while holding a pen.

I simply smile, and keep silent just like I usually do for I think these past few months already, while holding a pencil eraser in my right hand.

Moving our arms in a one sync direction, we both immediately throw it at Satoru's direction just like what he asks us to do.

Shoko frown in confusion when the pen simply stay in the air before it even land on Satoru while the eraser just bounce back as if there's a barrier that preventing us to hit him.

"Yep, its working~!" he commented before he swiftly catch the two objects using his hand.

"Eh~? What the heck was that!" Shoko asked.

"I guess the targets for technique were selected automatically," I reply.

Satoru gave us a toothy grin first, "Yep~! But to be precise though. The target is me~!" He then started to explain what actually is going on with his new found technique.

"Aren't you going to fry your brain if you leave it always active?" Shoko asked.

"Well, learning that reversed technique, I also used it to simultaneously run a sort of self-recovery." Satoru then slightly tap the pen on his head. "This way, my brain will always stay fresh."

As the two continue to talk, my mind wanders again about all the things that happened this past months and weeks.

I think, if I will summarize all of it in just few words, then...

"Suguru did you lose weight?" Satoru asked before coming more closer at me. "Are you okay?

Satoru has become the strongest.

"Or did you eat you eat to much noodle—"

"I'm fine," I quickly reply before giving him a small smile. "It's just a summer stress."

Before he could even ask further more, each of the phones inside our uniform pockets suddenly vibrate at the same time. This is only means one thing...

"Yosh~! Right on the time to vi—"

"Oh, I forgot," Shoko said, cutting Satoru off in a process. "Yaga-sensei is calling for you in his office. I think you have another mission."

Satoru throw his usual tantrum for a moment before he finally, yet still reluctantly, go to receive his mission and leave both of us.

"Sorry, but I think I also can't come with you today."

I immediately shift my attention towards Shoko because of it.

"My mother came today and ask for my presence. I'm not really sure what she wants, but I hope its not marriage shit or something," she continued with a clear disgust in her expression.