CHAPTER 35

❛❛ 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵. ❞

─────────────────────

MAKI ZENIN
ᴘ   ᴏ   ɪ   ɴ   ᴛ   ᴏ   ꜰ   ᴠ   ɪ   ᴇ   ᴡ

THREE MONTHS PASSED
BEGINNING OF THE AUTUMN

After Panda, Toge, and I done with our third mission together to exorcise this reported cursed spirit that was inhibiting an old abandoned building somewhere in Nagano, we immediately exit the place with just a little bruises thanks to our teamwork, simply to meet an annoying figure that is trying again its pathetic best to hang itself in this rusty pole using a cable wire.

We stare at the figure for at least a couple more seconds, trying to figure out if she's going to stop to look at our direction, or not, before Panda decided to give up and finally break the silence between the three of us.

"Is that Dazai-sensei?" he asked while pointing at her direction.

"Shake," Toge replied with a sighed.

"Is she trying to kill herself again?" I asked, not really interested with whatever answer they will both gave.

"Eh? What is she doing in here? I thought his with the second year and assisting th..."

Both Toge and I didn't bother to hear the rest of Panda's words, as we quickly move and ran towards Dazai-sensei's place, after we see that she's about to jump in her spot with the cable wire securely encircling on her neck.

Using my red spear cursed tool with gold ends and a pink cloth, I strongly throw it directly at the straight cord of cable wire above her head to swiftly cut it down, while Toge speed up his move more to catch Dazai-sensei on time before she even hit the ground.

After we successfully execute our sudden plan, just like the next scenario that I know three of us already expected, Dazai-sensei acted again like she's greatly disappointed for failing herself in reaching her so called Nirvana, or in better terms, death.

"Oh, hello there, Toge-kun~! Thank you for catching me!" She then lean her face on Toge and childishly rub her right cheek on his right one. "But I bet you also all knew that I'm going to be more grateful if you didn't, right~?" she whined. 

Toge simply shake his head in reply before slowly letting Dazai-sensei stand on the ground. On the same time, as Panda coming near us, I silently excuse myself and walk towards where my spear landed after the little show that I did.

As I am getting closer towards my weapon, that is also perfectly situated on the ground, a memorable memory suddenly flash in my sight as if I'm relieving every moments of it.

A memory when I first actually met Dazai-sensei before I even enter the Tokyo Jujutsu High.

START OF FLASHBACK
FIVE YEARS AGO IN THE
ZENIN RESIDENCE

After I'm done practicing with the wooden sword that I secretly borrowed in one of the stack in the inventory, I simply do the next thing that I needed to do, which is going back to my quarters and clean myself out of this body that is soaking in sweat, so I can finally end this day and look forward to incoming next days.