epilogue 6:6

"Let me carry that for you," I insisted when she stepped out from her car, carrying a paper bag which I assume was the breakfast Calli ordered her to buy.

"Thank you pero magaan lang naman 'to," pagtanggi niya bago niya isinara 'yong pinto ng kotse niya.

I know she's trying to dismiss me again but I'm not buying that anymore and just took the paper bag from her and walk past her.

"Bakit nandito ka? Hindi ka ba busy?" Tanong niya nang mahabol niya ako.

"If you need help, you can always ask me," I said instead. I really didn't enjoy watching Luther's IG stories and I want her to know that. Remembering those... how I wish I was blind. "You can go to me instead," I even appended.

Suddenly, Aly stopped me from walking and faced me, her seriousness was plastered on her small face.

"Where is this coming from Timothy? Why are you being... like this?" She remarkably asked.

"Bakit nga ba, Grace?" Pagbabalik ko ng tanong sa kanya.

She scoffed, disappointed as she gawks at me. "I obviously have no idea that's why I'm asking you."

"You're so dense."

"And you're so unpredictable."

"Are you not?" I countered back as I smirked.

"How can't I when you're seeing someone else?" She blurted out and was about to storm off when I held her wrist. She looked back at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She sighed deeply as if she was about to drop all the heavy thoughts she has in mind. "At first I thought it was Art," she began. "But Luther told me that you're not until I saw the woman you met right after we went to the cemetery... I don't want to keep myself hoping for something that isn't really bound to happen, Timothy."

I tried to process all the things Aly just said. I never knew that she was thinking all those. I thought... I was the one who only thinks that way. "But I'm not seeing anyone else, Alyson. I can't even if I tried to," I responded. "All along you've been assuming that I'm into someone? That's the reason why all the things I'm doing for you seem to be neglected?" I paused. "You could've just asked me."

I walked away from her because I don't know how will I act if I stay there. I was disappointed and confuse at the same time, I know firsthand how hard it is to ask or talk to someone who was once close to me. I was in no place to tell her that she could've asked me if I could not bring myself to tell her straight about my feelings and that I am courting her.

Until Ken's proposal happened. I wouldn't deny that I was moved by Ken's speech for Mau that I was compelled to speak like that in front of Aly so that there's no confusion anymore.

But between Aly and I, it's evident who's verbal now. How have the tables have a turn, I miss my high school self, and where the hell is my guts when I'm outside law school?

"Timothy," she called. "Lalabas ka?"

I nodded. "Magpapahangin."

"Pwedeng sumama?"

Tumango ulit ako kasi, gusto ko siyang kausapin. 'Yong matino. 'Yong walang pagwo-walkout na mangyayari. 'Yong usap talaga.

"You can sit here too. If you want," I offered the space on my car's hood beside me.

Tumabi siya sa akin bago siya tumingin sa madilim na langit. We were silent and I was finding my voice to speak.

"About yesterday," she started, after several minutes of silence. "I'm sorry that I believed things instead of asking you."