~31~

Ariel's POV
We were having what seemed to be a beach day. All the Gladers, scorchers, and WCKD survivors were at the beach.

Me and Perrie found a great place to have fun in the water. Away from the people, so we had space to swim. Newt was also with us, and so were Thomas and Teresa.

It hurt me to see such pain and sadness on perrie's face as she watched Thomas and Teresa dance around in the waves.

She was just sun bathing on a towel and newt was making a sand castle beside her. Her sun glasses were covering her eyes.

"They're having so much fun. Why don't you go join them?" She spoke softly. I slap my hand on her knee. "why should we when all the fun is carried by you?"

She chuckles lightly while newt smacks sand on her stomach. "Oi you bloody ass!" She screeched and immediately sat up. I laughed.

She kicked sand my way and I gasped. "Oh its own!" She yelled. I ran towards the sea with newts hand in mind. Perrie kept throwing sand at us.

Once we reached the water we kept splashing each other. Eventually our fun was ruined. Perrie accidentally splashed Thomas and Teresa when they were about to kiss.

"Did you really have to do that?" Thomas asked. Perrie's smile went into a frown. "Did you really have to do her?" She sasses while pointing to Teresa before turning around and swimming away.

"She got you the-" Teresa cut newt off. "Shut it"

I snapped my head at her. "Ever since yesterday you've been a real bitch" I confronted. It was true. She was insanely more clingy than normal. Like Everytime perrie's was around, she would kiss Thomas or just flirt with him.

It was disgusting.

"And ever since I've meet you you've been a real pain in the ass" Teresa said back. I was going to attack her but newt held me back and Thomas grabbed Teresa.

"Go check on Perrie. I'll make sure these two don't make a mistake" newt whispered in my ear. I nodded and swam the way perrie did.

It was bear a cliff and under it I saw Perrie sitting in the sand. "You really like dark places" I speak up as I move my way out of the waves.

"Haha, I'm a real vampire" perrie said sarcastically and did hand gestures. I smile at her and sit next to her. "Wanna swim with me? It'll be fun! No Thomas no newt. Just us girls" I suggested. Perrie looked at me and nodded.

I grabbed her and we ran towards the waves before diving in together. We splashed heaps and laughed.

We spent ages in the water. But a sudden pain stopped my fun. The stinging in my chest. The veins went away last night so thankfully no one saw them.

But now the veins reappeared. Red than ever. I suddenly feel myself loose energy. I feel myself sinking.

I feel tired. So I closed my eyes.

Perrie's POV
I was splashing around till I couldn't see Ariel anymore. A cheeky smile graced my face. "Come on Ariel. Come out now" I shouted. I heard nothing.

"Ariel?" I asked. My smile turned into a frown. "Ariel?!" I yelled out. I dived down into the water to see her slowly but surely sinking to the bottom.

Red veins were glowing in the blue water and her eyes were red. It was like she was unconscious but with her eyes wide open.

I grabbed her and swam to the surface. I kicked my legs but let's say that the water wasn't helping me carry her out.

I feel my eyes lids droop as I still use my energy to pull on her to make sure she gets up. I then feel myself loose control an I start sinking back down while holding Ariel's hand.