~43~

Ariel's POV
I knew Lilly was starting to feel uncomfortable so I decided to change the subject.

"We both have had tough lives. I remember mine in the maze" I say. I never really told Lilly about my past in the maze, heck I never told perrie.

All she knew was that I was a subject of WCKD and that I was in the maze. "What was it like?" Lilly asked intrigued.

I smiled a bit at the good memories then it turned into a frown when I remembered the bad ones.

Flashback 1
"Help!" I yelled. I was running in the maze but it wasn't like all my other runs. A grevier was after me this time.

"Jesus Christ Ariel your get so much attention" Minho said as newt run with him to me. They grabbed me by he arms and helped me run faster.

"Bloody hell woman! Always catching trouble!" Newt yelled just as we hear the maze walls closing.

"Hurry!" Minho yelled. We run more trying to lose the beast but it wouldn't get off our tail.

We made it to the opening and we skid through just as the walls closed. The grevier screeched.

I looked at newt and Minho and let out a laugh. They couldn't help but laugh with me.

Flashback 2
I was doing my daily job running in the maze. Just as I turn a corner I hear a scream. A scream that sounded Identical to Newts.

I raced to where I heard it to see newt withering on the ground. His ankle all twisted. I kneeled beside him crying a little holding his face.

"Newt!" I yelled. His eyes were closed and and his body relaxes. "No no no" I mumbled and hoisted him up.

I carried him all the way to the doors just to be meet by Minho, Alby and medjacks. All the Gladers were there two crowding round the door.

"Alright! Make way! Take him to the med Hut!" Alby ordered. I bit my nails watching him be carried away.

Alby turned to me concerned. "Are you ok Ariel?" He asked. I Shaked my head and hugged him tightly. He petted my head.

"Newt will be ok"

Flashback 3
Thomas lead us through the white walls of a hallway. We just passed all the greviers. Chuck clinged to me.

We made it to a door and we opened it. We looked around to see dead bodies everywhere. We looked up and Thomas pressed a button.

A last was explaining what happened to the world. I gripped onto newts hand. He squeezed it and showed me a smile.

Flashback 4
BANG

I watched in horror a chuck falls tot he ground. "NO!" I screamed. I saw Gally about to shoot again so I grab the spear out of Minho's hand and threw it into Gally's chest.

He fell down and I can hear Thomas trying to keep chuck awake. Newt's holds my hand but that wasn't enough.

I just hugged him.

And cried.

Flashback 5
I was hanging upside down above a deep pit with everyone. "I hate this" I said aloud.

"Me too love me too" newt spoke up. "Can you two get married already? Honestly!" Minho yelled.

"I think the bloods rushing to his head" frypan said.

"You bet it is!"

Flashback 6
"Tommy loves cars" I teased as newt giggles as Thomas had his head doit the window. "Newtie loves you" Thomas teased as he put his head back in the car.

"I thought we were teasing you no the couple" Brenda joked. We all laughed and Jorge looked at us.

"We better be invited to the wedding" he joked.

"Front row seats!" Thomas yelled.

"Big white Tower cake!" Frypan joined in.

"Presents!" Teresa chimed.

"AND BABIES!"

"NO!"

End of flashbacks
"Wow... WCKD sounds like a torture factory" Sass commented. I looked at the ground.

"Our past only makes us stronger. Since we've both been through hard things that means we're stronger together" I say holding her hand.

She smiles at me. "We should go inside. It's getting cold" she says. I nodded and we went inside.

Thomas was snoring his heart out and stiles was throwing different types of foods into Newt's mouth.

"What we you two doing?" Me and lilly asked. The two boys look at us innocently and stiles throws a piece of broccoli at newt still looking at Lilly.

"Nothing"