2.

" How much does a truck tire go for?" Joseph asked, following the mechanic through his shop.

The man wiped his greasy hands onto a dirty rag tossing it over his shoulder. Drill guns echoed amongst the steel garage making the two men have to raise their voices to be heard between each other.

" $500 easy,"

Joseph nodded looking at his newest semi truck he'd purchased that he was trying to get fixed up before putting onto the road. Being behind bars for six years gives you a lot of time to think about things and one of those things was how he was going to make a way for himself when he came home. Legally.

Joseph wanted to do things right this time. He'd racked his brain for a long time trying to come up with a way to support himself when he came home. Working a 9-5 wouldn't be an easy option, especially with his background, let alone never having worked an legit job in his whole life.

A buddy of his in prison had told him about the money behind a trucking company and it had stuck with him ever since. He put a lot of studying and research into this idea before getting it off the ground and starting his own trucking company.

Using whatever money he'd had left after lawyer fees after the years he bought his first truck, his second and now his third.

" Throw me a deal," Joseph said.

" Ehhh," The mechanic said looking at the truck. " I can do both of the tires for $850,"

" That's cool," Joseph said.

" Come by tomorrow in the afternoon and we'll have the new ones put on,"

Joseph's phone rang in his coat pocket as he walked to his car, it was his cousin Dre.

" Yo," Joseph said starting up his car.

" What you on my boy? I wanna holla at you,"

" Not shit, where you at?"

" Pops lot," He said, referring to his dads car lot.

" Ight,"

Joseph had been home close to a year now and still had yet to visit his uncles car lot. His uncle could never not talk about it. He'd always been into fast cars, foreign and American muscle, so his car lot was his pride.

His uncle and cousin sat in his uncles office inside. Joseph looked at all the foreign cars on the show floor with his hands in his coat pocket as he walked through the building— Benzs, BMWs, Alfa Romeos.

" My nigga!" His Uncle Max shouted removing the cigar from his mouth, standing up with open arms.

Uncle Max was Joseph's fathers brother. He and his wife took Joseph in and raised him alongside their son Dre so they were more like brothers than cousins. Uncle Max was in his mid sixties, and look similar to the actor Keith David with salt and pepper hair that was always clean cut. He always dressed nicely and wore a lot of gold jewelry, thick gold Cubans and a pinky ring on his left hand.