9.

Grace juggled perfectly wrapped Christmas gifts in one arm, while trying to open her mother's front door with the other. Suddenly, the door opened revealing her younger brother Antonio.

" About time, we was finna eat with out you," He said walking away on the balls of his feet

He'd walked like that his whole life and it bothered Grace. He walked like a bad ass little kid.

Grace furrowed her brows. " Um hello!? A little help?" She shouted from the doorway.

" You got it!" He called back.

Rolling her eyes Grace walked the gifts over to the Christmas tree setting them down with all the other gifts. Graces mom was very big with the holidays and would go all out with decorations. She bought a tall, real, Christmas tree every year and decorated it and the whole home beautifully. Due to everyone's schedules they would normally celebrate Christmas during the evening when everyone could finally get together. After eating the big feast her mother and God mother would make, they'd open up gifts before bed.

Her mother, step father and little brother lived in a large home in New Jersey while Grace still lived in the city which was just a few minutes shy of a two hour commute to each other. Grace mushed her brothers head as she entered the kitchen unwrapping the Burberry scarf from around her neck and taking her coat and purse off. Her mother and God mother were in the kitchen drinking wine and cooking like normal.

" My baby!" Graces mother exclaimed doing a little dance, her heels clicking on the marble floor in the kitchen.

" Hi mommy," Grace smiled hugging her mom tightly. " Hi mama," Grace greeted her God mother with an equally warm hug.

Graces mother and God mother had been friends since high school and had remained close ever since even helping each other to raise their children. Every holiday, birthday, life event, tragedy, they were there for each other.

" Where's Prie?" Grace asked grabbing a wine glass from the cupboard and pouring herself a glass.

" She should be here any minute, she said she left not much longer hafter you did,"

" Where's Tony?" She asked referring to her step father.

" He went to go grab some more wood for the fire place,"

Hearing the front door open and close Prie peaked her head out of the kitchen seeing Prie walk in.

" HEY EVERYONEEEE!" Prie shouted walking into the kitchen with a big smile on her face. " Tony just pulled in behind me,"

Prie greeted everyone, giving Grace a tight hug.
The new Louis Vuitton bag on her arm caught Graces eye.

" Ummmmm," She said picking the bag up. " Explain!?" Grace said in an excited voice.

" Dre bought it for me for Christmas," Prie smirked rubbing her hand over the leather. " And these," She said, kicking her foot up showing Grace her matching Louis Vuitton boots.