𝟐

Regulus sat on a window sill in the library reading a book, it was almost curfew but that's when he enjoyed the library the most, the only people there were 7th years cramming for their NEWTS and ravenclaws with too much time on their hands.

No one bothered him in the library, they had no need too he was quiet, reading his books with a small smile you'd only notice if you were looking.

Regulus heard noise in front of him but didn't look up deciding it was probably just a random student.

"What're you reading?" James voice was soft, lacking his obnoxious tone, he seemed genuinely curious.

"You actually wanna know or just trying to talk to me?" James chuckled sitting next to him their knees clashing together from the lack of space, or maybe James was purposefully sitting close.

"Why not both?" Regulus bookmarked his page placing it down.

"Its called wait for it..." James looked down at the book then back up to Regulus with a small smile.

"Wait for what?" Regulus laughed, theres no way James Potter was actually trying to strike a conversation about a book right now.

"...For him to love you back" James' eyes widened and he looked away quickly, his cheeks flushed.

"Oh..." Regulus and James stared at eachother, no real intent behind it, just... looking.

"Um... its curfew so I- we should probably leave before we get detention" James nodded stepping down from the window sill.

"See you later Regulus" Regulus awkwardly waved goodbye, walking out of the library and back to him dorm.

"I read it..." Regulus looked up from his book, it had been a week since his conversation with James, for some reason he hoped he'd come back to the library to talk to him.

"Read what?" James jumped up next to Regulus a shy smile on his face.

"Wait for it, I read it... it was really good" Regulus' eyes widened.

"Why did you read it?? I thought you'd hate reading"

"...I read it because you did"

______

What's this a second chapter??? I'm at home bc my back hurts too much to go to school so I got plenty of time to write. 😩