𝟏𝟕

Regulus felt the sleeves of his robe tugged from under the table, looking to the side he saw James. With a big smile on his face as he gestured to the door of the great hall.

Regulus nodded with a child like excitement as they gave a stupid excuse and ran to the gryffindor common room and up to the marauders dorm.

As soon as James managed to open the door and walk in Regulus was against the wall, ties being pulled off with out breaking away from eachother.

"Uhhh... hey guys?" Regulus and James jumped apart as they stared at Peter who had been sat on his bed the whole time, they would have seen him if they weren't so caught up in each other.

"Fuck... heyyyy Pete?" Peter stared at the two with wide eyes and an awkward smile.

"Hey Reg... having a good day" Regulus' awkward chuckle was the only thing breaking the silence inbetween their sentences.

"Yup... pretty uneventful" Peter laughed at the uncomfortable aura of the conversation.

"I won't tell anyone" James and Regulus sucked in a breath at the mention of what they were doing, what Peter now knew they were doing. "But does Lily know? Because James you aren't the person to do this behind her back"

James looked down shaking his head, and Peter sighed putting his hand on Regulus' shoulder in a silent apology, not for the fact he walked in on them, but for the fact that he knew how much it must hurt, to see James and Lily together knowing that he had done the same thing with James moments prior.

"Well see you guys later" when he left they were still silent, neither of them wanting to make eye contact with eachother.

"I'm sorry" Regulus turned to James, his voice breaking through the uncomfortable silence.

"Why?" James had looked down to meet Regulus' eyes, comforted by the silver eyes that he had come to love losing himself in.

"I'm sorry I can't figure myself out, you and Lily shouldn't be going through this because of me." Regulus frowned walking up to wrap his arms around James' shoulders, resting his head in the crook of his neck.

"Its okay James, figure yourself out... I'll be here for you the whole time"

_________

Mission 'The One Where Everybody Finds Out' is a go