𝟏𝟓

How did he get here

Regulus found himself cornered, stuck at the top of the astronomy tower. James took a step closer to him, he looked hurt.

"Why is this the only time you've allowed yourself to be close to me" they were close, too close, close enough that Regulus' breath had become ragged, close enough that he could smell James' cologne.

He took another step towards him, and Regulus took a step back, pushing himself against the wall just to avoid the intoxicating smell that he hadn't allowed himself to be near in weeks.

"I'm sorry" James had whispered it in a voice that Regulus couldn't recognize. He took another step, but Regulus couldn't step back, he didn't know if he wanted too.

"What?" Regulus' voice was quiet, scared that if it was any louder it would crack.

"I wanna kiss you" it felt like time froze, Regulus had felt his breathing stop. James took another step towards him, pressing their chests together.

“You could break my heart right now,” Regulus whispered. “It is in your power to break me beyond repair, right now. And there would be nothing I could do about it.”

“I could never hurt you.”

“I already gave you the power to do so.” Before either of them could realize their lips were pressed together, desperate from the months of seemingly unrequited love. They didn't want to stop, didnt want to pull away.

But eventually they had to, breathless and wide eyed from the shock of what they did. Meither of them could process it, neither of them wanted too.

"I thought you loved her" Regulus didn't want to know why he had kissed him, he'd rather enjoy the fact that he did. But there was someone involved, someone that would be hurt if she knew about what James had done.

"I do" James wanted to pull back, run away, forget everything that just happened so that he wouldn't have to go over the fact that he kissed Regulus, a guy.

"Then why?" The question was more confusing then it had to be, there was a clear reason. James liked Regulus, so why couldn't he say it, why couldn't he admit it too himself.

"Shes not you"

_______

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WATING FOR