𝟑

"Ew what the fuck, no way they were supposed to get together" They had their little book club now, every week they'd find eachother at the window sill, and talk about the books they were reading. James didn't think he liked reading, but it was so much easier knowing he could talk to Regulus by the end of it.

"Potter you're an idiot, the purpose of the book was to show that their love was heartbreaking because they truly couldn't be together" James frowned at the book they were talking about causing Regulus to laugh.

"They still should've ended up together"

"Prongs?" Regulus and James looked up to see Remus holding a book of his own, "why are you here?"

"Reading?" James waved the book around making Regulus chuckle, Remus stared at the two of them confused before turning to walk away.

"Okay? Uh well tonight is-" James turned quickly nodding before Remus could continue.

"I know what tonight is Moony don't worry I'll be there" Regulus stared at the two before going back to reading.

"Reggie..." Regulus looked up confused.

"Reggie?" James looked down flushed.

"You needed a nickname I have one for all my friends" Regulus looked even more confused, James still looking down with red cheeks.

"Friends?" James sucked in a breath, looking up at Regulus with a small smile.

"Friends... is that okay?"

"Ya... Friends" Regulus wasn't used to people wanting to hang out with him, let alone be his friend... but James felt different, he liked hanging out with James, James was his... friend.

"Ok I have to go- um bye... James" James smiled brightly making Regulus flush. They waved at eachother before Regulus walked away leaving James alone in the library.

"Potter?" James looked up to see Lily, she looked confused, why would James be in the library-

"Evans! Did I tell you how beautiful you look, how about we go to Hogsmeade together." Lily's confused face turned into a frown as she turned to walk away.

"You don't always have to be so obnoxious you know, I'd be fine with having a normal conversation with you" James frowned, he knew he was obnoxious, Lily told him practically every day.

"Ya... noted" Lily turned back to James before shaking her head and walking away.

______

👋👋👋 idk what to put... school sucked today? As always...