𝟐𝟕

"Bellatrix- what are you doing here" Bellatrix cackled as she reached for Regulus' cheek to caress it.

"Oh baby cousin, Aunty Walburga was so worried about you, hanging with blood traitors and mudbloods. She asked me to come check on you, since you haven't been writing home anymore" Regulus shivered, his cousins presence could make anyone bend to her will. She was terrifying without even trying.

"I'm fine Bella, I've just been to busy to write" Bellatrix chuckled pulling away from Regulus, her fake smile dropped as she stared at Regulus.

"Oh well, see you later little Reg" her smile was back as soon as it left, and she walked away waving.

"Reggie?" Regulus turned to James with wide eyes filled with fear, he immediately wrapped himself in James' arms to comfort himself. Bellatrix left a feeling in everyone she talked to, indescribable dread. "Are you okay?"

"Just... stay like this please" James hummed petting Regulus' head.

"Okay..." his tone was quiet, comforting. Regulus smiled into James' chest, he hadn't had comfort like this before, James was home.

"Tu es l'amour de ma vie" James pulled away from Regulus for a second before smiling widely and pulling him back to his chest, Regulus' face was red as he realized he had said it out loud, burying himself into James' chest more to avoid the embarrassment.

"Yeah?" James' voice was a whisper, filled with too much love. He had his face buried in Regulus' hair as he tried to contain his smile.

"Yeah..." James chuckled bringing Regulus out, kissing him slowly, like it was their first kiss, like they had been waiting years to do it.

“do you trust me yet?”

James’ smile is warm and trusting. And Regulus can’t help but reach out and slip his hand into James', a small  smile of his own on his lips.

“of course,” he answers softly, and James’ eyes melt into a pool of love. “more than ever.”

_______

;) JEGULUS JEGULUS JEGULUS JEGULUS